Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why wait for Tesla to quit screwing around with a white interior and then grossly OVERCHARGING for it? Get a plain interior and have a custom shop make to a white interior. It'll probably be cheaper too.

It would be foolish for Tesla to go this route.

The cars they are directly competing with in the $50K price range all offer a choice of nice leather interiors and don't charge more for one color than another.

Reactions: slipnslider
The current release of the Model 3 forces you into the PUP which includes the premium interior. In the S & X the premium interiors run the same cost, so using that as a measuring stick, the white interior shouldn't be an even greater upcharge.

The current release of the Model 3 forces you into the PUP which includes the premium interior. In the S & X the premium interiors run the same cost, so using that as a measuring stick, the white interior shouldn't be an even greater upcharge.
I agree with you in that I don't think they will (or should) charge more for white instead of black.
However - that means I'm really not sure they have any incentive to release it sooner rather than later.
If they are trying to maximize profit margin, adding new production complexity with a different interior for no addition cost doesn't seem a wise choice.
I personally hope they do release it, it's my interior choice :)

I agree with you in that I don't think they will (or should) charge more for white instead of black.
However - that means I'm really not sure they have any incentive to release it sooner rather than later.
If they are trying to maximize profit margin, adding new production complexity with a different interior for no addition cost doesn't seem a wise choice.
I personally hope they do release it, it's my interior choice :)

Agree as well, but in my case they'll never offer red.

Finally got to sit in a Model 3 today (Cherry Creek CO store finally got one)... short line... had to wait about 30 minutes to get my turn in the car and then got booted out after about 4-5 minutes.

Exterior fit/finish better than I expected although the driver's side door noticeably rattled when being closed.

Interior.... meh. I really don't like the black interior and I thought the wood slab for the dash did not look very good. This car has been on display for just three days now and the piano black plastic trim in the center stack was already scratched like crazy. Seats were okay but the ones on my current car (BMW 3 series) are better with much better head and thigh support and the real leather feels better than the fake leather in the Tesla.

The guy who booted me out of the car insisted that there won't be any interior choices for at least a year or two "in order to differentiate the Model 3 with the Model S which has more choices).

Okay....

Finally got to sit in a Model 3 today (Cherry Creek CO store finally got one)... short line... had to wait about 30 minutes to get my turn in the car and then got booted out after about 4-5 minutes.

Exterior fit/finish better than I expected although the driver's side door noticeably rattled when being closed.

Interior.... meh. I really don't like the black interior and I thought the wood slab for the dash did not look very good. This car has been on display for just three days now and the piano black plastic trim in the center stack was already scratched like crazy. Seats were okay but the ones on my current car (BMW 3 series) are better with much better head and thigh support and the real leather feels better than the fake leather in the Tesla.

The guy who booted me out of the car insisted that there won't be any interior choices for at least a year or two "in order to differentiate the Model 3 with the Model S which has more choices).

Okay....
What color do they have at Cherry Creek?

I saw red at my service center and was also impressed with the color. It is not the Mazda red, but still looks stunning and I am not a red car guy either. I think I will get it for mine now but I reserve the right to change my mind for the 1000th time :)

If the stars align I will be able to get dual motor with non-black interior before the end of this year and still get the full tax credit.

I would put odds of pulling this chicanery off at about 1 in 5.

Okay....

I think Tesla's problem with their sales people is that they may be drawing from existing car sales people stock. Which includes a lot of people who made their living without having to know the product they were selling very well, while shoveling a lot of BS.

The fact that there have been multiple white-interior test cars spotted in the wild is a reasonable indication that the white interior option will be released much sooner than this particular Tesla store employee claims, IMO.

I want dual motor and AWD before the end of the year. Shouldn't be so much to ask considering I am a day 1 online reservation holder and that gives Tesla over a year from the time the Model 3 went into production to get these other promised features ready.

The timing has already been addressed. Elon tweeted that AWD and White Interior are both expected around July. A quick Google search will confirm.
Love it.

That's what I'm going for. I also want Ludicrous/Performance. I wonder if Performance is solely a software update or will Tesla have to physically change the contactor or something.....as they did in the Model S P100D. Hmmmmmmm

Love it.

That's what I'm going for. I also want Ludicrous/Performance. I wonder if Performance is solely a software update or will Tesla have to physically change the contactor or something.....as they did in the Model S P100D. Hmmmmmmm
Same, and I'm also holding out for White and AWD. I do want performance too, but if the white and AWD become available without mention of the performance offerings, I'll just pull the trigger.

Hopefully they'll announce the Performance versions the same time as AWD, and I would think it's software only. My reasoning is because the Long Range battery packs are known to be around 75kWh. If you look at a 75kWh Model S on the design studio, the 0-60 time is 4.2 seconds. And yet the Model S is a lot heavier. Even though it's known that the battery chemistry and motors are a little different from S to 3, I don't think it's enough to affect 0-60 a lot. I could see a non-software limited Model 3 AWD being capable of 3.9. And my hope is that they will offer this once AWD becomes available.

Same, and I'm also holding out for White and AWD. I do want performance too, but if the white and AWD become available without mention of the performance offerings, I'll just pull the trigger.

Hopefully they'll announce the Performance versions the same time as AWD, and I would think it's software only. My reasoning is because the Long Range battery packs are known to be around 75kWh. If you look at a 75kWh Model S on the design studio, the 0-60 time is 4.2 seconds. And yet the Model S is a lot heavier. Even though it's known that the battery chemistry and motors are a little different from S to 3, I don't think it's enough to affect 0-60 a lot. I could see a non-software limited Model 3 AWD being capable of 3.9. And my hope is that they will offer this once AWD becomes available.

I agree "almost" 100% with everything you said. The only fear I have concerning the 4.2 second time of the Model S is that it appears that the batteries ( 2170's ) that are used in the model 3 can't discharge as fast as the Model S's 18650's. It appears that Tesla might have some discharge limiting software that will impede acceleration in the Model 3.