Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love it.

That's what I'm going for. I also want Ludicrous/Performance. I wonder if Performance is solely a software update or will Tesla have to physically change the contactor or something.....as they did in the Model S P100D. Hmmmmmmm

Weren't you the guy raising hell about how you had timed your lease ending to take delivery of your Model 3 and Tesla's delays were unacceptable? So now it turns out you've delayed configuring? Hilarious.

Reactions: Pkmmte
I agree "almost" 100% with everything you said. The only fear I have concerning the 4.2 second time of the Model S is that it appears that the batteries ( 2170's ) that are used in the model 3 can't discharge as fast as the Model S's 18650's. It appears that Tesla might have some discharge limiting software that will impede acceleration in the Model 3.
Hmm interesting. Where did you see this info? Is the slower discharge a result of software limiting or is it a fundamental limitation of the cells? If it's software limited, it's likely because they are limiting the top speed of the current model 3's.

Hmm interesting. Where did you see this info? Is the slower discharge a result of software limiting or is it a fundamental limitation of the cells? If it's software limited, it's likely because they are limiting the top speed of the current model 3's.

There have been quite a few studies that compare 18650 to 2170's where they list the advantages and disadvantages of both. The primary advantage of the 2170's is consistently listed as the density and capacity....whereas the ah discharge rate seems to be the tradeoff in situations where discharge rate is a factor.
Elon kinda mentioned this concept on the first quarter call where he asked....do you want a cell phone battery that lasts 20 days and takes 1 day to charge or do you want a cell phone that charges in 2 min but only lasts 20 minutes. Current technology yields a tradeoff.

I don't know if the 2170s are affected by thermal runaway and are therefore the discharge rate is limited by software or if the density provides the Model 3's astounding range as a tradeoff from quick discharge/charge.

Either way.....the 2170's have nothing to do with the white interior except for the fact that Dual Motor / Air Suspension / Performance version seem to be packaged with it.

I have mentally come to the conclusion that the SR battery won't be offered before Dec 31, 2018. Meaning that if you want to get the full tax credit, you'll have to go with the LR battery. I work from home 100% so I had no need for the LR, but I'll have to end up getting it if I want the full $7500 tax credit. So, with that said, the ONLY thing now holding me back now that AWD is available, is the white interior. As much as I would love me a Performance model, the fully loaded LR AWD, PUP EAP 19" is already stretching my budget. So P would go way beyond that.

I know Elon said they only have the capability for 1000 white interiors in the beginning. But it's not like there's anything differently done from the black, other than material color. I'm ready to configure, but no white interior is a deal breaker for me, as was AWD. But at least AWD is available in non-P models.

--Cintoman

Reactions: Park2670
I have mentally come to the conclusion that the SR battery won't be offered before Dec 31, 2018. Meaning that if you want to get the full tax credit, you'll have to go with the LR battery. I work from home 100% so I had no need for the LR, but I'll have to end up getting it if I want the full $7500 tax credit. So, with that said, the ONLY thing now holding me back now that AWD is available, is the white interior. As much as I would love me a Performance model, the fully loaded LR AWD, PUP EAP 19" is already stretching my budget. So P would go way beyond that.

I know Elon said they only have the capability for 1000 white interiors in the beginning. But it's not like there's anything differently done from the black, other than material color. I'm ready to configure, but no white interior is a deal breaker for me, as was AWD. But at least AWD is available in non-P models.

--Cintoman

I am going to guess white interior for rest of LR cars will be available once Q3 closes.

You are right that SR doesn’t show up in 2018 unless somehow the lines go idle which would be disastrous.