Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Recently my 2014 S was totaled. I personally can't go back to ICE, the Tesla experience, for me, is irreplaceable. Any way I've been in the used car market and after realizing that the free super charging option can be pretty precarious as well as the cars themselves coming from re sellers, I turned my focus to Tesla's used car inventory. I've started the purchase going on a 2017 100D long range, if that is anything unique. Now for my question, the car has the white interior, which I'm not the biggest fan of but I do like the idea of a light colored interior. In my mind when I read the white interior I saw leather, but it seems this is a man made product, which I like when I think of care and maintenance. So for those who have the white interior, is it a man made product? Is the care and cleaning less intensive than natural leather?

Thanks

Our 2017 X with 35k miles has the white interior. We are pretty easy on it, so we've only wiped it off a couple of times in over three years now. If you are slightly careful about staining them the white seats are not high maintenance. We once had a bunch of young kids jumping all over the seats with their shoes on and we couldn't even tell they'd been in the car. New blue or black denim or similar materials that bleed dyes can cause some staining that can be hard to remove. But I also had blue jean stains on my black leather Porsche seats. Black just hides it better.

Our 3 has the white interior. It is a man made material and it is actually very low maintenance. You don't want to use leather cleaners or similar things on it, it can mess up the material I understand. I've only ever needed to use water and a soft cloth for any cleaning. It stays soft and is far superior to our leather Model S (2013) seating surfaces in comfort and ease of care.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Hi. Recently my 2014 S was totaled. I personally can't go back to ICE, the Tesla experience, for me, is irreplaceable. Any way I've been in the used car market and after realizing that the free super charging option can be pretty precarious as well as the cars themselves coming from re sellers, I turned my focus to Tesla's used car inventory. I've started the purchase going on a 2017 100D long range, if that is anything unique. Now for my question, the car has the white interior, which I'm not the biggest fan of but I do like the idea of a light colored interior. In my mind when I read the white interior I saw leather, but it seems this is a man made product, which I like when I think of care and maintenance. So for those who have the white interior, is it a man made product? Is the care and cleaning less intensive than natural leather?

Thanks

yes white is vegan. easy to clean. I have model 3 since last July.

Bought model S with white. Picking up this Wednesday.
I am thinking doing ceramic coating on the white seats.

good luck on getting 100d.

Our 2017 X with 35k miles has the white interior. We are pretty easy on it, so we've only wiped it off a couple of times in over three years now. If you are slightly careful about staining them the white seats are not high maintenance. We once had a bunch of young kids jumping all over the seats with their shoes on and we couldn't even tell they'd been in the car. New blue or black denim or similar materials that bleed dyes can cause some staining that can be hard to remove. But I also had blue jean stains on my black leather Porsche seats. Black just hides it better.
Can you post a photo of your drivers seat so we can get an idea of the wear and tear.