Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Leather. Feasible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm loving the thought have having white leather to contrast with any of the dark colors, but especially the deep Signature Red. But I've never had white leather before so I want to do some research before deciding on it. We don't have children and if we transport "stuff", which we will need to do, then we can easily lay down a cover or tarp to protect the back section. Of course we wouldn't be stashing stuff on the back seats.

Hopefully we'll get more information on the type of leather Tesla is going to use and how easily it'll be to maintain.

In the mean time, has anyone here ever had white leather? Did you find a way to protect it from blue jean dye transference? Find any good products to clean it? Ever not be able to get it clean (stained)?

Never had anything lighter than gray leather in a car but, do have a whitish (cow-hide, Italian) leather couch set at home. That set has lasted 9 years now all thanks to a simple tip from the leather furniture saleswoman - use Neutrogena moisturizing body lotion (that has sesame oil) to easily remove stains, grime, oils from human skin, etc.!! YMMV.

Is It Truly Leather (from Cows)?

Tesla themselves are confusing me, because in some places they say:

Model S Signature comes standard with an exclusive interior featuring premium leather . . .

But on the same page further down they say:

The “Select’ interior trim package offers leather-look seating surfaces free of PVC.

So is it real leather or is it leather-look? Is leather available to everyone, just Signature owners. Is PVC leather-look available as an "upgrade," and if so what's the standard seating surface?

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

Tesla themselves are confusing me, because in some places they say:

But on the same page further down they say:

So is it real leather or is it leather-look? Is leather available to everyone, just Signature owners. Is PVC leather-look available as an "upgrade," and if so what's the standard seating surface?

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

They were quoted elsewhere that the "green" interior is an option. Different from the Standard leather.