Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Leather Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hijack, but you got me thinking. I am planning on matte black for the exterior (hopefully no chrome), so the interior will have to be black. Virtually everyone on the forum says good things about the material the ultra white seats on the X are made of. Now I'm picturing that material in a matte black for the interior.
I chose the black leather with PUP initially but doubted because of the messages on wrinkles in the tanned leather seats. Went to the TC and by chance they had both version in the garage. The pictures of the wrinkles in the leather tans are absolutely true. In one X both front and middle seats had wrinkles. The UW (non PUP) seats look so much neater. Seems to be because of the quality of the leather and the firmness of the foam of the seats.

Changed our order to UW with PUP after the visit. Too expensive a car to have wrinkled leather seats.

Is the seat material that we are seeing in the RC's the same as the S/X ultra white seats? I'm getting a little scared that we might not get the ultra white option anytime soon.

I don't recall seeing any RCs with ultra white seats yet, I think we've only seen black with the wood grain dash. I hope they offer the ultra white but I assume it may not be until sometime down the road, I think we are looking at just black as an option for a little while. I like the look of the ultra white seats and assume they are great at not getting so hot in the summer vs the black since I'm sure ventilated seats won't be available.

• Informative
Reactions: sports4eva115
how do they hold up to fabric dyes, like from new dark jeans?
You can research plenty over in the S and X, but seems to be non-issue for the most part. Any slight discoloration comes off easily with soap and water or Mr. Clean magic eraser. Only minor thing is the light colored stitching will darken, but that should be easily cleaned as well.

5 weeks in with an UW interior. Haven't even had to wipe them down. They look the same as on delivery day. Dyed my own shirt dark blue (had a shirt I liked but the color wasn't something I was happy with). One wash in the washer and a spin through the dryer with an old towel. Assumed there would likely be a little transfer of color with the dyed-one-hour-ago indigo blue shirt to the UW. Had "wet wipes" ready to wipe down. Didn't need them. No transfer I could detect. These things seem pretty hard to stain!

I don't recall seeing any RCs with ultra white seats yet, I think we've only seen black with the wood grain dash.

I think the very first Model 3 RC that was filmed at the Gigafactory had ultra white seats. Remember??
3.jpg
4.jpg

Remote A/C activation should remove any concern over dark seats in the Sun, eh? Turn on the A/C 10 minutes before getting into your Model 3 sitting outside at 3pm in Phoenix in September and it's 74 degrees. What am I missing?

RT

White on White on White for me.
Couldn't agree more. Blue exterior/White seats + black wheels to finish it off.

Debated on whether I wanted blue on white or white on white for my X.

Decided to go with the white, just because I think blue on white suits a small sedan better than white on white, and I'd rather have two different colored cars.
Remote A/C activation should remove any concern over dark seats in the Sun, eh? Turn on the A/C 10 minutes before getting into your Model 3 sitting outside at 3pm in Phoenix in September and it's 74 degrees. What am I missing?

RT

While that is true it is nice to always be able to feel your UW seats in the sun and have them be cool to the touch. How often do you know when exactly you'll arrive to your car? Sometimes while out it's hard to judge. And you don't want to run your battery.