Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White M3P, second wash, a better way.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I admit I was shamed by a young boy pointing at my car today and saying to his Father ‘If we had a Tesla we would keep it clean’....

I have not washed since the ‘just had it delivered, first clean novelty wash’ in March, been kind of busy ;)

Hosed over, hand wash with Gyeon Bathe+, masses of dirt shifted, looks much better, need to sort out some tar spots...

Then I look at the front, 4,500 miles have taken their toll on insects.... but it shows...

Surely in 2020 there is some miracle solution to cleaning the front to its former state, (shame iPad image markup does not work in real life, fixed the number plate ok ;) )

Please tell me your tips!

0D443205-0C8B-4466-BE75-91FD1631BF8C.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
I use a jetwash and Autoglym Polar suite of snow foam products. I must say that I am a convert but does require a little agitation on the polar wash phase otherwise no touching the paintwork except for final drying. Normally once a month but that very much weather permitting. Been too hot recent months.

Not sure how well it would cope with 4500 miles worth of midges though. I don't have shares in Autoglym!, but they do do tar remover too. Before Covid-19, AA (breakdown) discount giving a further 10% off of Halfords special offers was how I accumulated my recent selection of car cleaning kit.

Reactions: M3noob
The secret is keeping on top of it. A ceramic coat and/or PPF would help, but letting it just cake on there and leaving it will always make it harder (and more annoying) to remove.

I've been as anal as to go over the front of the car with an baby wipe after I've got home.

Clean and clay before firing up the da polisher :)

As Durzel said, keeping on top of it is the easiest thing. Putting on some kind of coating, even Gyeon Wet Coat (so easy to apply as part of a wash) will also make things easier when washing.

Put a few towels over the area and soak the towels in water with a little car shampoo added. Leave for a couple of hours, ensuring they don't dry out (just give them an occasional spray). Then you'll find the bugs just wipe off.

Similar to motorcycle visor fly splatter ... sheet of soaked paper towel stuck over the visor ... 5 mins ... bugs wipe off.