Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White model S rims and calipers wrapped, chrome deleted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4529.JPG
IMG_4530.JPG
IMG_4531.JPG
IMG_4532.JPG
Calipers look great! What made you choose a wrap over paint?

Do you have more pics of the car from farther away? I'd like to see how the chrome delete looks with the whited out handles and emblem.

I took some more pics this morning. Kind of overcast but you get the picture.

That's really cool, I didn't know they could wrap rims and calipers!
You can. The last time it came up someone posted the specs of the caliper wraps, which are good to 210*F/100*C. Our calipers are rated to 200*C, and you start vaporizing your fluid around 250*C. 100*C is pretty low for a brake product, so you should probably stay off the track if you have your calipers wrapped. Likely fine for normal use.

It is strange that 3M seems to have distanced themselves from this product. They took down the product's website and scrubbed their own site of all mentions of it. What's that about? Is it discontinued?

You can. The last time it came up someone posted the specs of the caliper wraps, which are good to 210*F/100*C. Our calipers are rated to 200*C, and you start vaporizing your fluid around 250*C. 100*C is pretty low for a brake product, so you should probably stay off the track if you have your calipers wrapped. Likely fine for normal use.

It is strange that 3M seems to have distanced themselves from this product. They took down the product's website and scrubbed their own site of all mentions of it. What's that about? Is it discontinued?
Good thing I never use the brakes :):)

Reactions: Chopr147