Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White model S rims and calipers wrapped, chrome deleted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great! Someone suggested I do my handles white, but I opted for black. Looks like a great wrap job. Do your mirrors open/close as normal? I originally had mine wrapped and it was a very crappy job, so I had everything painted.

I think our cars are twins! I opted to have mine painted though after the crappy wrap job. So all my chrome was painted matte black (including door handles) and the front "T" and the back "Tesla" were color matched to the pearl white paint.

Thanks Erik

front tesla.jpg

rear tesla.jpg

Reactions: MrJones390
Looks great! Someone suggested I do my handles white, but I opted for black. Looks like a great wrap job. Do your mirrors open/close as normal? I originally had mine wrapped and it was a very crappy job, so I had everything painted.

I think our cars are twins! I opted to have mine painted though after the crappy wrap job. So all my chrome was painted matte black (including door handles) and the front "T" and the back "Tesla" were color matched to the pearl white paint.

Thanks Erik

View attachment 200666
View attachment 200668

We do have twin cars! Your car looks awesome! My wrap installer let me know that the portion under the folding part of the mirror can not be wrapped on the face lifted model S. I guess it's way too tight under there. The rest of the mirror housing is fine to wrap though. I'm really happy with the wrap job on the chrome delete and the handles. It gives everything a really clean look. I'm in the process of getting my rear trunk lid T sprayed satin black like yours. I hope it turns out as nice as your car. Have you considered removing your front plate holder? It really cleans up the look of the front.

Thanks Erik

Erik,

I intend to go with paint as well. Is the "TESLA" on the trunk trim also painted or did you add white decals on top? It looks a little brighter in the photo but it could be the angle or something.

I'll be doing gloss black on a red car but I do appreciate your storm trooper cars. Always liked the look of storm trooper sport bikes.

Reactions: LVGhost
We do have twin cars! Your car looks awesome! My wrap installer let me know that the portion under the folding part of the mirror can not be wrapped on the face lifted model S. I guess it's way too tight under there. The rest of the mirror housing is fine to wrap though. I'm really happy with the wrap job on the chrome delete and the handles. It gives everything a really clean look. I'm in the process of getting my rear trunk lid T sprayed satin black like yours. I hope it turns out as nice as your car. Have you considered removing your front plate holder? It really cleans up the look of the front.

Yea, my original wrapper put the wrap there and the mirrors wouldn't close/open. I had to help them open and leave them that way. Yes, I originally kept the front plate because it's required in Colorado and I have custom plates. I agree 100% that it looks far better without. It might be coming off in the future.

I do love your matte wrap. I might matte wrap my next Tesla.. Trying to think how a red, blue, or black matte X would look.

Erik,

I intend to go with paint as well. Is the "TESLA" on the trunk trim also painted or did you add white decals on top? It looks a little brighter in the photo but it could be the angle or something.

I'll be doing gloss black on a red car but I do appreciate your storm trooper cars. Always liked the look of storm trooper sport bikes.

The rear is all painted. Luckily my detailer/painter here in Colorado really knows what they are doing. They did a fantastic job on the lettering.

There is another car from someone in California (I saw them at the GigaFactory party also) that has a red Tesla Model S with blacked out chrome. Looks awesome!

The only thing I didn't opt to have painted was the rims. I went for the T-Sportline matte black.

A lot had to be done to remove all the chrome. All the badges had to come off, the rear truck trim, the front fender had to come off to access the chrome in the front, the doors had to be taken apart to access the handles, etc. It was a long process. I made a video of the door handles, feel free to check it out:

Thanks Erik

Reactions: KCKIWI
The rear is all painted. Luckily my detailer/painter here in Colorado really knows what they are doing. They did a fantastic job on the lettering.

There is another car from someone in California (I saw them at the GigaFactory party also) that has a red Tesla Model S with blacked out chrome. Looks awesome!

The only thing I didn't opt to have painted was the rims. I went for the T-Sportline matte black.

A lot had to be done to remove all the chrome. All the badges had to come off, the rear truck trim, the front fender had to come off to access the chrome in the front, the doors had to be taken apart to access the handles, etc. It was a long process. I made a video of the door handles, feel free to check it out:

Thanks Erik

Yeah my wheels will be powder coated gloss black from the manufacturer. I got a quote for $1200 from a very well reviewed shop for all the paint...but that will likely creep up when I ask him to do the trunk trim like yours and I don't think he knows I'm bringing him an aftermarket spoiler to get painted. He does Tesla body repair so he should be able to match the red very well. I wonder if the plastic seat backs or any of the interior aluminum trim can be successfully painted. That $1200 will probably double by the time I'm done o_O

Yeah my wheels will be powder coated gloss black from the manufacturer. I got a quote for $1200 from a very well reviewed shop for all the paint...but that will likely creep up when I ask him to do the trunk trim like yours and I don't think he knows I'm bringing him an aftermarket spoiler to get painted. He does Tesla body repair so he should be able to match the red very well. I wonder if the plastic seat backs or any of the interior aluminum trim can be successfully painted. That $1200 will probably double by the time I'm done o_O

Ya, that $1,200 will creep up very fast. I paid $800 for the door handles and $1750 for the rest. So it did cost me $2,550 for the paint, no rims though.

I went with the T-Sportline spoiler also. I left it carbon fiber though. They also make carbon fiber seat backs. Highlighting the interior would look nice.

Thanks Erik

LVGHOST, just came across your ride! Sick! Nice work.
I just picked up a White S and wanted to have the door handles wrapped white to match the paint.
Installer said to me that matching the Tesla White (pearl white multi-coat) with the right wrap color is impossible.
From your pictures your handles it looks like you got very close, if not dead on.
Could you let me know the exact wrap specs you went with and if the color is dead on?
thanks man.

LVGHOST, just came across your ride! Sick! Nice work.
I just picked up a White S and wanted to have the door handles wrapped white to match the paint.
Installer said to me that matching the Tesla White (pearl white multi-coat) with the right wrap color is impossible.
From your pictures your handles it looks like you got very close, if not dead on.
Could you let me know the exact wrap specs you went with and if the color is dead on?
thanks man.

Hi JW,

Matching the regular white is already very difficult and I would have to agree the pearl would have to be just about impossible. I think my installer said its because each manufacturer doesn't make a lot of varieties of white. I went through almost every brand with my installer before we settled on the ARLON white, which seemed to be the closest match to my non pearl white. Hope this helps.