Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White noise in the EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My expectation is that the White Noise generated by heavy, slow moving traffic, in towns is going to be awful ...

... and in a few more months the advances in antonymous driving will mean that cars will be able to detect and brae for pedestrians anyway making the white noise redundant, although niose to prevent people walking out into the street unaware there is a car coming would still be an issue.

The two main reasons given are blind people and people wearing headphones. Blind people I sort of get, but their dogs should see the cars. People on headphones is just stupid. You can hear ICE cars with headphones on, how loud must it be for EVs!

The whole precept is totally asinine.

A decent car like an S class is near as dammit silent as well.

If they are going to do it , then thay have to make a law that say all cars must emit a minimum noise, otherwise it is just plain BS discrimination.

To say this is aimed at pedestrians with headphones on is a flat out fallacy.
As for blind people (my every consideration and repect to them of course), but what about blind and deaf people - or do they not count.

The whole precept is totally asinine.

A decent car like an S class is near as dammit silent as well.

If they are going to do it , then thay have to make a law that say all cars must emit a minimum noise, otherwise it is just plain BS discrimination.

To say this is aimed at pedestrians with headphones on is a flat out fallacy.
As for blind people (my every consideration and repect to them of course), but what about blind and deaf people - or do they not count.

Totally agree this should be a Car thing not an EV thing but i suspect EV's will be singled out. Why does the world hate EV's so much.

I can see this is going to be ridiculous. Would be better to develop technology for blind people to detect cars approaching. Some sort of handheld device they could scan the road with. Also their guide dogs can see, I thought that was the whole point of them!

They could come up with a sound that dogs can't resist howling along to.

Or is there such a thing as brown noise for dogs? Cos there's no way you can step into the road while your dog's taking a c**p.

No dog has to suffer constipation and pedestrians are kept safe. It's a win-win. ;)

Last edited:
I can see this is going to be ridiculous. Would be better to develop technology for blind people to detect cars approaching. Some sort of handheld device they could scan the road with. Also their guide dogs can see, I thought that was the whole point of them!
How about a hand held lidar device.. or dog mounted lidar... literally a dog with laser beams coming out of its head!

Reactions: Peteski