Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered performance white on white April 19th; no vin yet; called multiple times and they said it’s being made. The pain is real as I sold my car to CarMax based on the initial quote of 2 week lead time.

Similar story — made a lot of decisions based on the delivery date (finance options, outlet install, trade-in, etc — not to mention Im out $2500 in the meantime). I’m holding Tesla to the trade-in value. So far they’ve agreed to honor it. We’ll see how long that last.

Hi everyone. I'm so very excited and honored to be now on the same waiting list as you all.
Just ordered white on white performance. I'm in so cal (Costa Mesa pick up) I'm just crossing my fingers for ALL of us that we get our cars by 6/30.

I am also selling two cars next week. My beloved bmw E36 M3 that ive had for 12 years and my 2013 535 m sport. Bitter sweet but I know I'll never look back.

Hoping to here you orders going on month plus get your cars this week or next!!

I have you all beat. Ordered LR AWD White/White/FSD/18" on MARCH 17. STILL WAITING.

They tried to give me a 2018 VIN at the end of March. I turned it down.

They then assigned a LR AWD White/White/FSD/19" in April in error. They said I would have to pay the upgrade on the wheels to keep the car. Declined that, I didn't want the range loss. Hindsight being what it is, this was a MASSIVE mistake.

Still waiting, not going to lie, my love for Tesla has absolutely waned as a result of this experience, just take off the lies of the website that you deliver cars within 2 weeks. The worst part is I sold my car 2 weeks after my order so I have been without a car since.

It seems like a lot of people are trying to buy a white/white Model 3 lately. I just haven’t seen that many of them out on the streets, or in this forum. And a white/white SR is probably even more rare because people that want the $35K car don’t usually want to spend $2,500 on paint and interior color upgrades. I think they will come eventually but two weeks is definitely not realistic for this color combination.

I have you all beat. Ordered LR AWD White/White/FSD/18" on MARCH 17. STILL WAITING.

They tried to give me a 2018 VIN at the end of March. I turned it down.

They then assigned a LR AWD White/White/FSD/19" in April in error. They said I would have to pay the upgrade on the wheels to keep the car. Declined that, I didn't want the range loss. Hindsight being what it is, this was a MASSIVE mistake.

Still waiting, not going to lie, my love for Tesla has absolutely waned as a result of this experience, just take off the lies of the website that you deliver cars within 2 weeks. The worst part is I sold my car 2 weeks after my order so I have been without a car since.

Hey! You turned my car damn it!

Just kidding. That blows — I’m with you tho... I’ll take a pushy salesman any day of the week after this experience.

I have had my white on white 3MR for 5 months now. Sometimes I still get up in the middle of the night and just go and sit in it. The color combination is stunning. I have had zero problems with the car. I waited 994 days to get my car. It was worth it! I would do it all over again.
Pls share some pictures of your car. I haven't seen white and white in person.

Reactions: M3totms
I was in the same boat as everyone here. I wanted white on white, placed an order and got delivery a week after, April 25. I probably got lucky, but this is what I did: I'm in Chicago and there are several Tesla Sales Center here. I called each one of them to ask about any new inventory they have of any white on white. One salesman found one in another SC in the area (the sales guy from that SC was not responsive), I grabbed it right away. It wasn't on the new inventory website as well.

Try calling sales, maybe you'll get lucky.

Ordered mine first week of March, white/white AWD with 18"s.
Got impatiend and mid April I called sales and asked if they had any white/white available at all, even performance, or different wheels etc. Lucked out and he had 1 available that came in that morning. I took delivery about 12 hours later.

I’m at two months now waiting for the same configuration. Never a peep out of Tesla. I got a few phone calls from my sales guy saying how I’m their #1 priority and all that, but my questions go unanswered and they didn’t say anything else.

I’m at two months now waiting for the same configuration. Never a peep out of Tesla. I got a few phone calls from my sales guy saying how I’m their #1 priority and all that, but my questions go unanswered and they didn’t say anything else.
2 months??? I shouldn't buy accessories yet... Even wall charger

Waiting over a month, Tesla should consider the price adjustment.

That sucks... We can post our latest updates and share each of our pain.

Update:
Tonight I was assigned another VIN. After the excitement wore off however, I noticed it was the same damn VIN that had been stripped from me previously (the “Canadian” one). #RageFace

Of course I fired off an email to the DS so we’ll see if this is just another glitch in the system or if my car has somehow found its way home.

...not holding my breath.

Update:
Tonight I was assigned another VIN. After the excitement wore off however, I noticed it was the same damn VIN that had been stripped from me previously (the “Canadian” one). #RageFace

Of course I fired off an email to the DS so we’ll see if this is just another glitch in the system or if my car has somehow found its way home.

...not holding my breath.
Shot in the dark - Does your VIN contain 324XXX? Just wondering if it is the same one like you thought, lol.