Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White MY thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered white on white MY LR AWD, but now thinking should I switch to MSM... Can you please post your white on white MY so I don't have to think about it anymore, with right choice of wheels I know it will look good, I had only 1 white car in last 20 years, all others were dark colored, including my old 14 MS85.
If thread like this already exists, please forgive me :)

no ragrets

Attachments

• IMG_7454.jpg
    IMG_7454.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_7497.jpg
    IMG_7497.jpg
    900.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7502.jpg
    IMG_7502.jpg
    864.7 KB · Views: 103
These are the only shots I have that show the interior clearly. I think it’s a great move. Not sure what aspect of the WoW you’re the most concerned about. We have the Tesla Pet Liner which has great rear seat coverage and does a great job of protecting the seats, etc.

I’m still planning to add a light 30-35% tint to the front windows one day which will have an impact on the look but after having the black seats on my M3 (which were fine) it really tuned out no to be a big deal switching to the white seats. I probably prefer the wood in the dashboard but that’s all!

F68E81A5-9FD1-4696-ABC3-5D25E958F7B3.jpeg

8CAE1A1C-288E-4DDE-9639-4BF58FEEA65C.jpeg

81D1FB1D-F67B-45CC-9014-F4717064D0BC.jpeg

Didn't really address any of my comments. Are they hard to clean?
It’s a very broad question. They are not hard to clean but the more time you leave between cleanings the less effective it is. I think the best thing to do is to pay attention and clean it about as often as you do the car. The benefit of them being white is you see everything so as soon as something happens you tend to notice and then clean it. The material is not very permeable to fluids or anything so most things wipe away—the sooner the better though. I hope that helps.

I’m not sure I would consider them if I was going to have a dog back there without full coverage. We travel with two dogs in the back more often than not and if we ever need anyone to sit in the back, without the dogs back there, it’s easy to take one side down and throw it over to reveal one seat. If you want to have a dog back there with a passenger one could sit on the (clean) cover or take the cover half off and the passenger would have the option of leaving it between them or putting over their lap. Just depends on your objectives.

Last edited:
How hard are the white seats to keep clean or clean in general? I have a pre teen and a Doberman.

Also, I wanted to find a pet cover for only one seat, not the whole rear?
I love my white on white Model Y but the driver’s seat has a blue tint from jeans and so far nothing I’ve tried was able to remove it. I’ve had the car 7 months and wear jeans only on weekends fwiw.

I love my white on white Model Y but the driver’s seat has a blue tint from jeans and so far nothing I’ve tried was able to remove it. I’ve had the car 7 months and wear jeans only on weekends fwiw.
We get blue from jeans on the drivers side.
I used Gyeon leather shield prior so it does come off. It only seems to be present on the side bolster. I clean it with Gyeon leather cleaner and a leather brush and it’s good as new but not great to have to do out that much.

same not hard to clean the white seats with some interior cleaner, a warm towel, and an interior brush if its REALLY dirty.
I did like 3 videos on them
the only issue is the right driver and left driver seat edge where they made it cloth so that part gets dirty
just some oxyclean and a toothbrush and it cleans it right up

Reactions: Jersey_guy_202