TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

white on white vs midnight silver on white

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by MrPinrel, Jul 1, 2018.

1. MrPinrel

MrPinrel Member

decided to splurge on a performance version to also get the white interior. I have selected pearl white paint with the white interior but my wife is worried it will be “too white”. the second option is midnight silver with the white interior.

anybody else out there going for white on white? anybody has good pics of what it will look like?

2. drawfour

drawfour Member

#2 drawfour, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Check out this video:

Edit: the car is using TSportLine's perforated fabric, but it should be close enough.
    Edit 2 : I thought they got a white car, but it might be silver with a PPF wrap. So not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for.

• Like x 1
  3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

White /white looks sharp ..I wouldn’t do regular silver/white ...but I have seen a midnight silver/white which looks ok ...at that point t it’s really issue of how much you want to wash car and keep clean ..white is easy to clean

4. Chapindiaz

Chapindiaz New Member

Attached Files:

5. Chapindiaz

Chapindiaz New Member

White on white that’s what I’m getting it’s a great choice in my opinion

6. GBB0131

GBB0131 Member

Kim did a Matte wrap on her Silver Metallic Model 3.

7. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Personally I’d only get white interior with either of the blacks or the blue.

8. UltralightBeam

I’m going midnight silver and white. Have seen some photos of the Xs and/or Ss with this combo along with a TSportline vid too I think that really looked sharp!

9. Beardco

Beardco Member

Something for you to consider. I bought a model S midnight silver with cream interior. It's my personal preference, obviously.

The two colors work together very well without being a stark contrast. The most important point, after living with it for a month, everything single thing shows up immediately. I have a 9 year old and am amazed at the stuff that ends up on the seats, even over on the driver's side. I'm laughing here.

I know someone with the white interior and it's not holding up so well. Lots of dye transfer and an even more drastic display of the slightest dirt. Probably a simple cleaning with a damp cloth will take care of most of it but, it does show everything very quickly.

The white should look great, I just wanted to give you some feedback on what I've seen with the two interiors.

Have fun.