Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White P3D - order progressing, vin soon!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a few weeks of religiously refreshing the Tesla account page it finally changed this morning! My trade-in and financing boxes are now yellow instead of gray, edit button is gone, and finance box is asking for detailed options.

I assume (and hope) to hear from an ISA today!

White Performance non-PUP, EAP, FSD, Bay Area location

Attachments

• 4AF97602-353E-4700-AD6C-8ADEE3C146B5.png
    4AF97602-353E-4700-AD6C-8ADEE3C146B5.png
    283.8 KB · Views: 108
My trade-in and financing boxes are now yellow instead of gray

Is there any significance to yellow instead of grey? I hadn't paid attention to the colors before (dunno if they were grey, yellow, purple, or something else), but looking now my uncompleted task boxes all have yellow circles with 3 dots inside them in on the right near the "expand" button .... but I still have the "Edit Design" button too. Confused ... :-/

Seems like the Performance models for their stores have a B in that spot as well, based on the couple VINs I saw

That is interesting since their 2017 letter to NHTSA said that a P model should have a 4 in that slot. I've so far not had any luck finding if they changed their decoder for 2018 except for a tweet that appears to show screen shots of the 2018 changes but I would prefer more confirmation like the original document PDF:

Original 2017 letter in this article:
Tesla updates VIN decoder for Model 3 production vehicles

Tweet showing screenshots of 2018 letter - mentions that the model 3 doesn't have it's own P designator and that only the other Teslas do in the VIN:
Bozi Tatarevic on Twitter