Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Paint Bumper mismatch on 2019 ford explorer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Leoc

Sep 21, 2019
Canada
Hey guys, I went through all the posts that you were talking about the factory paint defects on your brand new Model 3. However, I am not a Tesla owner now but would be in the near future, I think Tesla service looks much better than Ford.
Actually I have the same issue with my brand new 2019 ford explorer, front and rear bumper color off, mismatched. I complained to ford Canada, but got reply that they are not covering the paint ,it is non warrantyable due to different materials.
Can someone here tell me how to fight back ?Ironically, I even paid $550 for the white color difference. Attached pictures for your reference and judgement. Thanks so much!

front.jpg

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 76
this is actually pretty typical, especially with pearlescent colors like yours. the plastic parts are often printed at different times and even different locations, which means paint color variations, etc. most OEMs have taken steps to prevent any sort of mismatch, but looks like you got the short-end of the stick here.