TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

White Premium or Black Textile Seats

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Leftysmasher, May 14, 2018.

1. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Anxiously awaiting my X in June. I configured with Black Textile seats but am now thinking of switching to White Premium with carbon. Think it will present a more roomier feeling inside the cabin? The exterior color is White. We have 2 kids. Any pros or cons for going with White? I have read that it is super easy to clean except for blue jean fading stains. On the contrary I have heard that Black Textile is very comfy. Thanks for your insight based on your experience.

• Disagree x 1
  2. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

White seats are awesome, but we LOVE our black textile seats. The white seats definitely win in the looks department (especially in a 6 seater).

If I had to do it again, I’d prob get white because they look great and are pretty comfortable. But I would miss the utility of the black seats as we use our X for everything.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Forgot to mention we configured a 7 seater which we will stick to.

• Like x 2
  4. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

I bought black textile for my S. They are great, and easy to maintain. For my X, im ordering white because of purely aesthetic look. Although same people have said that the white premium seats are made of a super special material not seen in the other seat colors that is supposedly really comfortable.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  5. dethman

dethman Member

We ended up with white. Though black textile is the practical choice my wife hates black interiors. We wanted cream but didnt like the oak trim so white it was.

6. ScubaMal

ScubaMal Supporting Member

I ordered a MS 75D in White and premium white interior with carbon fiber. Then on Friday I switched to a MX 75D with the same configuration. I think you can't go wrong with white on white. Enjoy your car when you get it

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  7. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

Personally I would not pay 90K for a car and get cloth seats. Cloth seats might look fine new, but they are going to look pretty yucky as they age. Think about all the BO that it absorbs

• Like x 2
  8. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

The white is sharp. I didn't get it because I prefer black on black however I do like the way it looks.

9. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Whew! Made the cut-off and changed to white with carbon and from 7 to 6 seats ;-) Now I can't wait even more.hahahha

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. xKRSx

xKRSx Member

Cool! What was the cut-off you mentioned? Did they tell you after a certain point it would have been too late to make any changes even if you paid the fee?

11. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Yes, roughly around a month before projected production you can't make changes even if you pay a fee. My cut-off was supposedly today 5 PM.

12. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Actually we have the "cloth" on our 2017 S and the white on our 2017 7-seater X. We have a very active 2 yearly who's always dragging mud and sand and other stuff into the car and loves to kick the seats with dirty shoes on. BOTH sets of seats have held up EXTREMELY well -- the co-called "cloth" seats are NOT like the cloth you'll find on a chevy or toyota -- they're EXTREMELY durable material, indestructible, and do NOT absorb sweat etc. Moreover, about 50% of the seat is made using the SAME fake black leather as the $3300 premium black seats, so they actually look ALMOST IDENTICAL.

The white seats have held up GREAT as well - we have never even felt the need to THINK about cleaning them. That said, I don't allow pens/markers in the car, and limit beverages to water and food to things that won't make crumbs... but it's great either way! PM me if you'd like to discuss and if you're in LA and want to see the black textile and the white interiors side by side in our 2 cars, you're welcome to do so!!!

• Funny x 1
  13. Magus

Magus Member

I had textile in my S and now white in my X. Agreed that the textile are much better than cloth in lower end cars. White seats with door and dashboard panels looks so cool. Makes everything look futuristic. Nearly 1 year in and anything wipes off very easily. As far as comfort well both are premium seats. The textile may be relatively a bit firmer and some will find that more comfortable and some will find white more comfortable presumably being slightly plushier.

• Like x 1
  14. Sidra

Sidra Member

I have a X with white seats and 3 very young kids - kids were extra and no longer an available option thru tesla. White holds up very well, as many have already commented. However, careful when cleaning because the threading will be recepitve to some discoloration and, as far as i can see, are not really dirt repelant.

• Funny x 1