Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Premium Seats hot and uncomfortable?

Vegas Seats Comfortable

• Wonderful

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • Decent

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Satisfactory

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Considering selling over it

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last weekend I took delivery of a P100D Model X, prior to that I test drove a 2016 Model X with Black Leather and found it comfortable, I also drove my mom's new S 75D (tan leather) from picking it up out of town on a 4 hour road trip and found it a bit tight but comfortable.

I find mine extremely hot (my back is sweaty, I'm cranking AC down to low 60s to try not to sweat in the seat and am therefore uncomfortably cold). I find within a 30 minute drive I'm doing the math on what I'd lose to just put it up for sale I dislike it so much.

Are others having this problem? I've tried a few different shirt materials thinking maybe the Vegan seats are just a mismatch for my wardrobe.

And yes, I've fiddled with all the adjustable directions, the other X and S with leather took some adjustment but pretty much any setting was between ok and quite good.. none were uncomfortable.

Do I maybe just have a seat that's assembled badly (?). Could I be semi allergic to the material? I'm not allergic to much (tomatoes only) so that seems unlikely but has been suggested.

Most seem to have mostly positive things to say about these new premium seats, so I seem to be in minority.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and yes, I have an appointment pending with SC for some other fixes and will discuss with them at that time.

I have the white seats in my 2017 100D Model X and dark leathe in my 2017 P100D Model S. I actually feel like the seats in my Model S (dark leather) are hotter than the white seats. The white seats seem a little stiffer and slightly less comfortable than the dark leather seats, but only really marginally and I can find a good driving position easily in either seat.

I have the ventilated black leather on my car. I also had a loaner X with white vegan for several weeks that I did not really like compared to my leather. Like NewTMSMan I felt the vegan stiffer and not as soft. I know people will disagree but it also felt plasticly to me. However, I didn't find it ultra uncomfortable, just not as comfortable as the leather.

May take a while for your new seats to break in, and for you to get comfortable.

Most find these new seats to be very comfortable, but everyone is different.

Not unusual to find leather seats more comfortable than vinyl. Leather seats breath a little, but vinyl does not breath at all.

I love the ultra white seats. I think they are much cooler after sitting in a parking lot than any black seat. We made it through the summer here in Arizona just fine. Plenty of days over 115F. Never had a sweaty back, at least due to the seats. Not too humid though, so that could be a big difference.

I did find if I put a roll of paper towels across the seat (so none of the back of the seat is touching me) it's not too bad. I imagine in an accident that would thoroughly hurt you, but drove about 25 miles like that and first time car has been bearable. Another thing was to recline seat some and just sit up..

A few threads think I'm talking about temp when you get in.. I mean driving down the road, they are pretty cool when you get in and just get hotter and yucky.

I’m sure this is not the case, but you’re sure the heated seats are not on?

Unless there's a bug in the car, I'm sure the indicator is off.

My window defrost wouldn't defrost windows tonight, it's DC area, weather claims 71 degrees and 87% humidity.. I only mention that to say I won't completely dismiss there is something really weird going on. That's added to list to look at when my appointment is scheduled.

If anyone wants to make an offer as is I'll let it go, it's blue, white 6 seats, every option, including FSD. Was an inventory car, 3902 miles right now (I got it home from delivery at 3274). 20" basic wheels (we did a swap, still pending, wheels and tires I expect to have 0 miles on them).

I did find if I put a roll of paper towels across the seat (so none of the back of the seat is touching me) it's not too bad. I imagine in an accident that would thoroughly hurt you, but drove about 25 miles like that and first time car has been bearable. Another thing was to recline seat some and just sit up..

A few threads think I'm talking about temp when you get in.. I mean driving down the road, they are pretty cool when you get in and just get hotter and yucky.

Unless there's a bug in the car, I'm sure the indicator is off.

Almost sounds like the seat heaters are running without indicating they are on. I would have this checked and also check seat temps after car is on for a while using thermal scanner (you can get one cheap at Home Depot).