Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seat stain help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stain on my front passenger seat that I absolutely can not get off. The story is, I bought a bottle of whiskey as a gift gift for a friend. I left it on my seat laying down over night so that I wouldn’t forget it. When I woke up this morning I found a large rectangular brown stain form the bottle on my seat. Either the bottle had a small leak or was just something on the back of the bottle that transferred to my seat. I searched everything I could to try and remove it with no luck. Baby wipes, soap, car cleaner, leather Cleaner, alcohol, Baking soda, magic eraser etc. nothing is getting it out. I know some of these etchings arent the best for the seat but I have nothing to lose since my only Other option is to re buy the bottom portion of the seat ($534) so I may a well try everything.
any suggestions?

replacing seat leather should be last option (expensive). I'd also try local car interior/leather repair type places. You'd be suprised how well some of these experienced techs can restore to new. And yes, they are aware that its not real leather. I suspect it would be extremely easy for them to mix up a perfect match of spray in the bottle, and use their air gun and process to paint over then blend in. If done right, would be near impossible to see.

A buddy of mine was in the leather repair biz for high-line vehicles for 25 years. In most stain issues he always suggested dawn liquid and warm water, let the cloth soak then leave on leather for a 30 min period and see if it lifts. I watched his work and in some cases (ink) it did the trick. With what you mention this may not be strong enough.

Consider calling dealers around you (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche) and ask the service advisor who they use for leather 'repair'... in a lot of areas there is one go-to person. Get that person to see the stain to see if they can suggest or fix.

You mentioned baking soda, but have you tried a poultice with Saran Wrap like this article for kitchen counter tops:
How to Remove Stains from Kitchen Countertops

My wife and I are looking at new counter tops and did some stain tests on samples we brought home. Sure enough, juice from a cherry stained a couple of samples, but the poultice 24 hours under Saran Wrap method worked to get it out. In this one they used flour as the base with hydrogen peroxide, but I think we used baking soda in ours.

Ok so I tried about everything, stain still there. I even spoke to a leather guy who my Tesla service center uses. He said he can’t find a paint that will stick. So I’m not sure what other options I have but to but a new seat cover

Ok so I tried about everything, stain still there. I even spoke to a leather guy who my Tesla service center uses. He said he can’t find a paint that will stick. So I’m not sure what other options I have but to but a new seat cover
I'd personally get more opinions. Any long time, old auto upholstery/convertible top type places in your town? Seems odd that nothing out there will stick to the non-leather that Tesla uses.