Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Seats, are they really easy to keep clean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all

Ordered my MX this week, order completes in 3 days but I’ve had an urge to change my color after a trip to the SC today

Was good for white with black inside but now thinkin grey with white inside but I’m really concerned about how they will wear and how easy to keep good condition.

Any thoughts, advice you can offer.

The white seats do stain. I wear blue jeans all the time and I was unable to get them blue out of the drivers seat completely. I was told that Tesla would replace the seat if that happened which was not true. The white is amazing and I do recommend it but I highly suggest that you get a seat cover to sit on if you wear blue jeans. If you only wear jeans once in a while the blue does come up with a good alcohol wipe but eventually it does stain.

Also the inventory X I bought had slightly dirt stained seats that Tesla tried to clean but was unable to, it was slight though.

Thanks I wear blue jeans every day :( so really appreciate you sharing this.

Seat cover is a good idea but honestly, I like the white to show it off and wouldn’t want to put a cover over any of the seats for anything more than a temp purpose. Definetly not on the drivers seat :)

I have 38,000km on white seats (a little over 20k miles?) and wear blue jeans 1/4 of the time. Most of the seat looks like new except the side part - between the black side plastic and the seating surface. This part is now very light blue and I can’t remove it. Otherwise love the white seats and would buy again.

Reactions: Fellsteruk
I have close to 20k miles. I just noticed this stain on my front passenger seat, not sure where it came from. I tried 91% rubbing alcohol with no luck. I’m debating to try bar keepers friend. Any suggestions?

stain looks darker than it appears.

9BADB557-461A-4ABF-B4CD-E27D08217796.jpeg

D4DACFFF-50D9-4578-A640-5411D9182160.jpeg

Early days for me yet (only 1800 miles on white seats) but they are not showing any signs of staining with blue jeans which I wear a lot. I did have the seats treated with a high quality stain block though, so that might be helping. Every little mark I've seen so far has come off instantly with a baby wipe, so I'm happy so far. They look amazing too and not too loud with the surrounding black trim and carpets.

Thanks I wear blue jeans every day :( so really appreciate you sharing this.

Seat cover is a good idea but honestly, I like the white to show it off and wouldn’t want to put a cover over any of the seats for anything more than a temp purpose. Definetly not on the drivers seat :)

Seat covers are not recommended on Model X seats as they have in-built side bolster air-bags. Plus they look terrible! Might as well just get the black seats if considering that route. We chose the white ones for a change as I'm thoroughly bored with a long history of black seats. They really do look great in the X, especially with the white exterior too. Makes the whole thing look space-age.

I think the above is very much a worst case scenario! Also the perforated seats are no longer an option. As with most car interiors, some people are way more hard on them than others. Never ceases to amaze me the differences you see in identical cars of the same age and mileage.

Those are the perforated seats that were discontinued a year or so ago because of poor quality.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my seats (latest non-perforated white) won't look quite so bad after 75K miles! Those in the video do look like they've had an extremely hard life! It does raise the thought about potential warranty claims. If the wear really was THAT bad in normal everyday usage I would have thought a replacement under warranty was due. I can certainly see why the perforated material was discontinued!

Anyway my seats have only done 2,500 miles and so far they still look brand new and I've not had to clean them any more than any other leather seats. Crumbs and dust do obviously show up against the white, but easy enough to vac away once a week. But I do think a reality check is required with ultra-white seats. To expect them to remain totally spotless and pure white after 50K or 75K miles is probably asking too much, especially with kids in tow! All car interiors do wear considerably over time and a used car with 75K miles is inevitably going to show some wear and tear and white is not going to be the most flattering colour at that point. If I was looking for a long term car, I probably would have gone for the premium black interior (which now uses the same synthetic leather as the white), but I preferred the look of the white enough to consider it a worthwhile compromise given that I'm on a 40K mile PCP deal.

My friend uses baby wipes
My car also white
i wear jeans too but blue stain easily removed by baby wipe

I love my white seat!!

My friend uses baby wipes and says they are very good at removing marks. Was thinking about trying them but worried if I need to buy a seat cleaner specially designed to use with these seats or would baby wipes be fine?

Only had my MX about a month and I LOVE it. Best car I have ever owned. How do I know if my seats are polyurethane does anyone know please? Or do all new Tesla’s have these as standard?