Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seats exclusive to the P100D... It's a joke ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A joke ... Really?
Are you sure you are on the right forum?
Sounds to me you would be better off with another manufacturer if these things bother you that much

You know, you can support a manufacturer and not being ok with everything it does, that's my case. It's not because it's "Tesla" that it's perfect and that we can't complain about anything.

I already ordered mine with grey seats and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get them, design IS a big deal to me as the power can be for someone else. I don't care about having a car that does 0-100 in 2,5, I do care about the interior & exterior design. That's it.

I can easily understand that the spoiler and the red calipers are exclusive to the most powerful model, but the white seats I just feel like having a "finger salute" from Tesla.

You know, you can support a manufacturer and not being ok with everything it does, that's my case. It's not because it's "Tesla" that it's perfect and that we can't complain about anything.

I already ordered mine with grey seats and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get them, design IS a big deal to me as the power can be for someone else. I don't care about having a car that does 0-100 in 2,5, I do care about the interior & exterior design. That's it.

I can easily understand that the spoiler and the red calipers are exclusive to the most powerful model, but the white seats I just feel like having a "finger salute" from Tesla.
Is that the vegan leather seats? If so that's going to upset a lot of people. People who want these seats often do so for ethical reasons.

The new seats are quite a bit different. They look substantially thinner (more rear legroom?), with less side bolstering. Also the seat bottom seems to be a bit shorter. Interesting evolution.

Tesla has frequently limited colors early on in a production run of a new trim/option, so it's probably not too surprising we see limited colors at first.

Reactions: Swissmoneychf
OP - my speculation is that Tesla doesn't have the production capacity yet to offer the premium seats across all price points so they may be restricting them to the P100D until they ramp up manufacturing capacity.

Yep. There is absolutely no other reason not to offer these eventually to the entire lineup. Scaling up gradually gives them time to get feedback and iron out any kinks.

Don't forget the ventilated heated and cooled seats too!

If I read the website correctly -- and I realize it is early days yet and these details may change -- the ventilated seats are available only "when paired with black or tan Tesla Premium Seats on performance cars." So the ventilation is not available on lesser models or with other colors....

Reactions: Swissmoneychf
Where do you see that ? Still states "mid-2017" in the configurator... Summer 2017 according to my service center.
Right before I posted I built a 90D in the configuration and it showed a Junuary estimate. It looks like that has switched back to mid year.

I do wonder if they are switching to these new seats from the next gen versions at this point and stock is just in burn off mode.

I'm sorry for the misdirection. I promise I was just reporting what I had seen.

The new seats are quite a bit different. They look substantially thinner (more rear legroom?), with less side bolstering. Also the seat bottom seems to be a bit shorter. Interesting evolution.

Tesla has frequently limited colors early on in a production run of a new trim/option, so it's probably not too surprising we see limited colors at first.
I'll have to go to a showroom and try them out. Next gen seats are a bit tight for me I'm too tall. Also my wife is vegetarian she would really love having that option. It's actually been a subject of disagreement as she hates leather and I really don't want to spend $80k on a car with cloth seats.

She still thinks that I lie by the way when I tell her that I wished that the vegan seats were available. She thinks I use that as an excuse to get the next gen :)

I really don't get it. A base Model X can have it and a 120k 90d can't, what's going on with Tesla ? Plus, there's no more grey seats at the moment, so if we don't want black seats we have no choice but the ugly beige seats... For me it's nothing but a joke.

Grey seats are much more classy than white. White is for Liberacce aficionados