Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White seats exclusive to the P100D... It's a joke ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having read the title of this thread made me curious. I took delivery of my new MS 90D last month and now I feel a bit guilty, since I did get the NextGen grey seats. They do look great and I get a lot of compliments on them. Sorry gang, maybe something even better is in store and they are burning off the inventory....

Reactions: Swissmoneychf
I am in shock that they don't offer the white seats with the premium interior package. The tan and black are nice, but a lot of us would prefer white or gray.

I have a P90D that was pushed to mid next year due to the lack of gray seats, and while I would gladly change to the ultra white seats, I don't want tan or black, and I am not willing to part with the premium interior package. So sadly, my only options are to wait far longer than I planned or to pick an interior color I don't want.

Reactions: Swissmoneychf
I am in shock that they don't offer the white seats with the premium interior package. The tan and black are nice, but a lot of us would prefer white or gray.

I have a P90D that was pushed to mid next year due to the lack of gray seats, and while I would gladly change to the ultra white seats, I don't want tan or black, and I am not willing to part with the premium interior package. So sadly, my only options are to wait far longer than I planned or to pick an interior color I don't want.
We are on the same boat...

A joke ... Really?
Are you sure you are on the right forum?
Sounds to me you would be better off with another manufacturer if these things bother you that much

Calling it "a joke" is excessive hyperbole

Tesla are a rapidly growing manufacturer who are quite understandably compelled to decide where best to get the strongest return on their investments.
Fitting the White seats to the MX as part of the overall marketing of the new model is a great feature.
Then progressing to release these first to the premier variant of the MS is quite understandable, in due course as suppliers get up to speed and the demand picture becomes clearer they will likely offer these on other variants too.

Nobody says Tesla are beyond reproach or that they should not receive adverse comment, but calling it " joke" just because they haven't listed the exact option that you want exactly when you want it is excessive and unnecessary imho.

Reactions: dehydratedH2O
Then tesla introduce the next generation seat together with duel motors in 2014 they was in the beginning only available with P85D but some month later they was available with all models. As I understand it tesla have bought the production of the seat in Model X in house and are scaling up production. They are now producing little more then Model X so they are able to introduce it to the most expensive Model S. Then they have get up production more it will probebly some to all Model S.

Reactions: heems
I would agree it isn't cool to limit the white seats to only the P90D and the P100D. It is an ethical choice for some, and shouldn't be limited to those who want the P versions, since many don't have the money or desire for that. If you're willing to pay the uncharge, why not offer them? I would hope the issue IS that they are limited in supply right now. I am hoping by the time the model 3 is released, this will no longer be an issue.

Having read the title of this thread made me curious. I took delivery of my new MS 90D last month and now I feel a bit guilty, since I did get the NextGen grey seats. They do look great and I get a lot of compliments on them. Sorry gang, maybe something even better is in store and they are burning off the inventory....
The white seats are most likely the replacement

One weird thing: If you specify the Ultra-White interior and select the Premium Upgrades Package, it kills off your Ultra-White interior. Not sure if it's just a bug, but it's definitely a little weird.
I was also thinking about this

Could it be because the ultra write interior is a "vegetarian" option it also means other parts can't be leather
And the premium interior uses real leather, therefore white seats cancel out premium interior

• Helpful
Reactions: Reekdog
I just heard from my DS, and he said you can get the ultra white interior with the premium upgrades package -- the seats, however, won't be ventilated. While I would have liked the ventilated seats, I am just glad to know that I am not restricted to just black or tan. My current car has ventilated seats, and I can't ever feel it anyway. :)

• Informative
Reactions: TWBC

We would have ordered our X with grey seats if they were available.

I just heard from my DS, and he said you can get the ultra white interior with the premium upgrades package -- the seats, however, won't be ventilated. While I would have liked the ventilated seats, I am just glad to know that I am not restricted to just black or tan. My current car has ventilated seats, and I can't ever feel it anyway. :)

Even with a 90D ??

Edit: ok I just called my DS and it's avaible only for the Ludicrous versions, as stated in the website.

Last edited:
I knew I wasn't crazy on the grey. They are showing January delivery right now:

upload_2016-8-25_15-55-26.png