Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Seats - How Do They Hold Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All!

I was back and fourth on the white seats and decided on black. But I read the reviews online saying they are stunning and test drove one today with white seats (Natick, MA has P3D now :)); they truly are. That being said, I like to keep my cars looking great. I am not overly crazy about cleaning, definitaly above average. For reference my 115k car now looks almost new inside from taking care of it and regular cleanings.

So my question. How well do the white seats hold up. Online and on the forum I see mixed, but mostly positive reviews. I sat in a BMW 5 series recently with about 30k miles and white interior and there were already very noticeable discolorations, although that is leather and an average cleaning owner.

If there are other threads, please point me to them. After some solid research, I found a few on the X forums, but most detail into other issues and no real answer :p....

Thank you in advance!

I want to update here....

While in service, the SC emptied my glove box onto my seat, did not out the stuff back, or put it in a bag. There was a bottle or purell that they somehow opened (I have had it in my last cars for many years with no issue) and it caused major die transfer to the seat. Cannot get it all out and when they tried to clean it up, took a 1/2" blue mark and made a 4" blue circle....

Just an FYI to all.
20190513_191920.jpg

While in service, the SC emptied my glove box onto my seat, did not out the stuff back, or put it in a bag. There was a bottle or purell that they somehow opened (I have had it in my last cars for many years with no issue) and it caused major die transfer to the seat. Cannot get it all out and when they tried to clean it up, took a 1/2" blue mark and made a 4" blue circle....

Sorry to see that happened to your seats. What are Tesla's plans to fix this for you ?

Sorry to see that happened to your seats. What are Tesla's plans to fix this for you ?

They tried to remove it, made it worse. Said go to a professional and if not they will see what they can do. My professional said no way it is coming out without damaging seat (more). Thus gunning to replace as very frustrated. This comes a few weeks after the GF had her 3s bumper repainted because it got hit while in service to fix due bill items...

They tried to remove it, made it worse. Said go to a professional and if not they will see what they can do. My professional said no way it is coming out without damaging seat (more). Thus gunning to replace as very frustrated. This comes a few weeks after the GF had her 3s bumper repainted because it got hit while in service to fix due bill items...

Wow - I would be afraid to go back to that SC. Hopefully they will give you a new seat and maybe mobile service can swap it out for you.

No, my post above explains, but the SC put stuff on my seat, which included Purell...
Just so I understand, did you go to that SC and say to the manager:

"I brought my car in for service on xx/xx/xx. During that visit your service techs emptied my glovebox, put an open bottle of purell on my seat which, in turn, caused the following damage.

Your techs were clearly negligent and I expect you to fix my seat at your expense."

(Alternatively, you could put this in an email or written letter)

What did the manager say? That is how you get your complaint resolved.

If they refuse, call an attorney.

Hope they make it right.

Me too:) They did not fight me as of yet, so that's relieving. Hopefully this attitude prevails.

Wow - I would be afraid to go back to that SC. Hopefully they will give you a new seat and maybe mobile service can swap it out for you.

That is my hope. The bumper on the GF car was actually at a different local SC .

Just so I understand, did you go to that SC and say to the manager:

"I brought my car in for service on xx/xx/xx. During that visit your service techs emptied my glovebox, put an open bottle of purell on my seat which, in turn, caused the following damage.

Your techs were clearly negligent and I expect you to fix my seat at your expense."

(Alternatively, you could put this in an email or written letter)

What did the manager say? That is how you get your complaint resolved.

If they refuse, call an attorney.

That is essentially what I did, but lease forceful at first, saving that for later if it turns into a fight.

Oh, which service center? Just want to make sure I dont accidentally end up there.

GF damage was Dedham, mine was Watertown. I do want to say though, both centers have been incredibly nice, accommodating, and helpful overall.