Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Seats tested: Coffee, Ketchup & Kids (VIDEO)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting the video! It was a bit terrifying seeing you spill things in the seat but it is good to see they wipe off so easily. I have perforated seats so I'm just hoping nothing spills on them because I think it will just go through the holes :confused: Only time will tell.

I noticed you have a Britax clicktight on the passenger's side second row seat. I have two of them (have a 4 and 6 year old) and they are installed with the seat belt and not the latches (both my kids are over 45lbs so I cannot use the latches anymore). With that setup the seat on the driver's side won't move at all with the car seat on but the one on the passenger's side does it flawlessly. The SC has no idea what to do or how to fix it and they've been trying to blame it on the car seat or its installation. However, we've switched seats back and forth, and no matter who installs it or which seat is on the driver's side second row seat, the seat is 'dead' and won't move at all (the screen buttons are greyed out and the physical button on the seat is dead). The only way I can have to seat move is by unbuckling the seat. Which means I would have to reinstall it everytime I need to move the seat. I was wondering if you have this problem? It seems you have the seat installed with the latches so maybe yours acts differently in that setup.

I'm having family come to visit with us this weekend and we will have 4 car seats in the car. We will have to get creative positioning them so that we can be able to access the third row from both sides, There's no way I'll be unbuckling/buckling the seat back at every ingress/egress so I'm hoping other Xs work as expected so that at least I know my seat is the faulty one and there's hope for a fix.

One more thing, and I apologize for such a long post, In my case the car seats made a deep sharp indentantion half way down on my seats and also, after having the seats out for more than a day, some of the marks left near the headrests didn't go away. To prevent that I covered the back of the seats with a thin towel that goes from the bottom of the back of the seat all the way to the top and drapes towards the back, This is not the cutest setup but I've removed the seats a few times after using the towels and there's virtually no markings on the seat.

Thanks again for the video!

Thanks for posting that! While you are braver than I would be with the ketchup and coffee, it was good to see the older dirt from the kids clean up easily as well (I don't have my X yet). Though I just bought the car seat protector that has a seat back, so my girls can just kick that instead.

I'm having family come to visit with us this weekend and we will have 4 car seats in the car. We will have to get creative positioning them so that we can be able to access the third row from both sides, There's no way I'll be unbuckling/buckling the seat back at every ingress/egress so I'm hoping other Xs work as expected so that at least I know my seat is the faulty one and there's hope for a fix.

Do you have 6 or 7 seats? I would think that 4 car seats in the 7 seat configuration would mean there's no choice but to move the 2nd row car seats all the time. Unless you did middle seat/driver's side 2nd row, and the 3rd row car seats were all forward facing? If you have 6 seats, you can move the driver and passenger seats all the way forward (without people in them) and go around the 2nd row car seats to get to the 3rd row. (I ordered 7 seats and thankfully will only be dealing with 2 car seats!)

Do you have 6 or 7 seats? I would think that 4 car seats in the 7 seat configuration would mean there's no choice but to move the 2nd row car seats all the time. Unless you did middle seat/driver's side 2nd row, and the 3rd row car seats were all forward facing? If you have 6 seats, you can move the driver and passenger seats all the way forward (without people in them) and go around the 2nd row car seats to get to the 3rd row. (I ordered 7 seats and thankfully will only be dealing with 2 car seats!)

I have the 7 seat configuration. My brother, his wife and their two kids will be with us so I need all the seats. My brother's kids are quite something and it is very likely they will both want to seat with one of their parents. Hence the only possible setup it is to have them both in the second row. In that case I will have only one access point to the third row (not cool!). I still have to try latching one of the seats instead of installing it with the buckle. If that works I'm saved. Otherwise I'll have to accommodate the seats so that my nephew and niece are separated and my son's booster goes in the middle seat of the second row. That way I'll have one car seat on the seat that works and nothing on the broken one. This may lead to full blown WWIII but I'll have no other choice :(

Anyone have twins? We have two chicco keyfit 30s in our X3 currently (passenger side and middle) so there's just enough room for a svelte adult to sit behind the driver (with a seatbelt extender).

My wife is wanting 7 seats but I'm wondering if 6 isn't a better way to go to allow people to simply climb in around the carseats and into the 3rd row (it won't be used ALL that often I'm guessing). Not sure if the X seat width is different enough for one side to still move forward freely if we stick with the same passenger/middle configuration...

We'll be leasing and figure we can always change the seating around next round. Girls are 18mo now so it'll be a while before we're having to haul friends around...

Anyone have twins? We have two chicco keyfit 30s in our X3 currently (passenger side and middle) so there's just enough room for a svelte adult to sit behind the driver (with a seatbelt extender).

My wife is wanting 7 seats but I'm wondering if 6 isn't a better way to go to allow people to simply climb in around the carseats and into the 3rd row (it won't be used ALL that often I'm guessing). Not sure if the X seat width is different enough for one side to still move forward freely if we stick with the same passenger/middle configuration...

We'll be leasing and figure we can always change the seating around next round. Girls are 18mo now so it'll be a while before we're having to haul friends around...

I have 16 month old twins and those car seats (assuming you mean the NextFit at that age). I don't have my X yet, but I played with car seats in it, which I talked about in this thread about twins in the X, with lots of good input: Twin babies and Model X?