Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Seats Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has it been confirmed that white seats will be available? I've only heard of them on the forum. Was hoping for a more cream color similar to the original MS.

Tesla previously had a timeline table for SR, white seats and then Dual but the Model 3 FAQ page has taken out the time reference and replaced it with Future.

Which Model 3 features are currently available?
Our first Model 3 in production comes with a long-range battery, 310 miles of range, rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades throughout, beginning at $49,000 USD. In early 2018, we will introduce the option for a standard battery with 220 miles of range and standard equipment, beginning at $35,000 USD.

Every Model 3 comes with standard active safety features and is designed to be the safest car in its class. Today, customers can choose from three customization options for Model 3: wheel size (18” Aero or 19” Sport), exterior color (Solid Black, Midnight Silver Metallic, Deep Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic, Pearl White Multi-Coat, Red Multi-Coat) and Autopilot features (Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability).

Future options will include an optional white interior, premium package as an upgrade choice, and dual motor all-wheel drive. International feature availability and timing will be shared later as production ramps.

I've been invited to configure, but we are delaying until white/light colored seats are available for Model 3. If you notice that they show up on the configurator, please post here, for those of us who are deferring for this option.
You're going to rely on someone else going to the configurator, seeing that there are white seats available, remembering that this thread exists, and then taking the time to post here? Wouldn't it just be faster and easier to just check it yourself each day? :confused:

You're going to rely on someone else going to the configurator, seeing that there are white seats available, remembering that this thread exists, and then taking the time to post here? Wouldn't it just be faster and easier to just check it yourself each day? :confused:

No, it could be months before they're ready. I'm not going to check every day for months. My hope is that when someone notices they are ready, and comes here to post about it, they'll use this thread to do so, rather than starting a new one, and thus everyone who is interested (and subscribed to this thread) will be informed.

No, it could be months before they're ready. I'm not going to check every day for months. My hope is that when someone notices they are ready, and comes here to post about it, they'll use this thread to do so, rather than starting a new one, and thus everyone who is interested (and subscribed to this thread) will be informed.

Not to worry, when Tesla opens up further Model 3 configuration options not only will it get posted on this thread but probably another dozen or more new threads will be created.
It will get wide spread coverage so you'll be fine.

Yes, you're right someone will likely remember this thread, dig it up, and post in it. In the meantime 8 other people will start their own thread about it - I'm sure you'll get notified.

Has there been any update on when the white seats option will be available? I have decided to forego the wait until end of year for the small battery and order soon, but I'd still like to get white seats.

From the Tesla Model 3 FAQ, which was updated on Wednesday:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which Model 3 features are currently available?
Our first Model 3 in production comes with a long-range battery, 310 miles of range, rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades throughout, beginning at $49,000 USD. In late 2018, we will introduce the option for a standard battery with 220 miles of range and standard equipment, beginning at $35,000 USD.

Every Model 3 comes with standard active safety features and is designed to be the safest car in its class. Today, customers can choose from three customization options for Model 3: wheel size (18” Aero or 19” Sport), exterior color (Solid Black, Midnight Silver Metallic, Deep Blue Metallic, Silver Metallic, Pearl White Multi-Coat, Red Multi-Coat) and Autopilot features (Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability).

Future options will include an optional white interior, premium package as an upgrade choice, and dual motor all-wheel drive. International feature availability and timing will be shared later as production ramps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tesla is still saying that the white interior is a "future option", but because they mention it in the same sentence as the dual motor, I'm still holding out hope that it will be available sooner rather than later. I've been able to configure/order for 3 weeks now, but my fiance' wants the white interior (it will primarily be her car), so I'm waiting for now. If the federal tax credit reduction comes into play before the white seats become available, I will be pulling the trigger regardless.

My car is all confirmed but i have no VIN and can't edit anymore. This was after my wife said that's it, no more options after i configured and i thought there wouldn't be a chance of ordering white later, but secretly hoped so. I'm calling Tesla Sales when they open this morning and hope it will only be $1500 vs. $2000 to add white to my configuration. Any suggestions on how to do this without incurring change fee? Any thoughts on if i order a vegan steering wheel if that will bump me back in line? I just want my car by mid December but am hoping in the Sept-Nov. Timeframe. I received an email i can order a Tesla last night but no options to change current order.