Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have two young kids that will be in car seats for the next few years. Has anyone had experience with the wear on the seats in my scenario? Wife doesn’t like cream unfortunately, so the other option is black. I would have done black, but those didn’t look like they held up to well in the loaner they gave me.

Thank you

We have two young kids that will be in car seats for the next few years. Has anyone had experience with the wear on the seats in my scenario? Wife doesn’t like cream unfortunately, so the other option is black. I would have done black, but those didn’t look like they held up to well in the loaner they gave me.

Thank you
I have white seats and a 4 yr old. Be sure to place a towel under the child's removable car seat and see that it extends over the area he/she can reach with their shoes. Towel will save scuffing of the pleather as well as catch spills. Mo issues, to date.

Our white seals have done quite well over the last 2 1/2 years, despite the great efforts of two teenaged boys and a crazy dog (and mine, for that matter). They actually are VERY easy to clean and maintain. A damp towel takes care of just about anything. You can't say that about leather.

I've been impressed with the minimal wear, as well. That said, I agree with putting the towel down for the car seat, but that's something I would do regardless of the upholstery.

I had the same trepidation about the white seats, but I've not regretted them for one moment.

People see different levels of perfection. I’m quite picky and wouldn’t recommend them if you have kids. I personally have textile (not offered anymore) and prefer them much more over my friends white seats in his X. We both have young kids and the seats in his X look like crap compared to mine.

People see different levels of perfection. I’m quite picky and wouldn’t recommend them if you have kids. I personally have textile (not offered anymore) and prefer them much more over my friends white seats in his X. We both have young kids and the seats in his X look like crap compared to mine.

Yikes, you're brave. I swore off cloth seats years ago. The first time a crotch goblin smeared a drool soaked graham cracker into the fabric was enough for me.

Yikes, you're brave. I swore off cloth seats years ago. The first time a crotch goblin smeared a drool soaked graham cracker into the fabric was enough for me.
Ha. I hear you, but I’m surprised at the durability of these. They’re also more comfortable, don’t retain/lose heat as much, and honestly very easy to clean. Don’t regret my decision at all

Reactions: ucmndd
i am wondering if on one/two tough places where discoloration exists...mr Clean white sponge mite do the trick...it's amazing

If you are suggesting the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges, those are abrasive. Those seats are too nice to scuff up with abrasive sponges.

The vegan seats are polyurethane, there are websites that describe ways to clean polyurethane material. Even a 20% bleach solution can be used, that should decolorize the blue jean dye that a lot of people see transferred to the white seats.

There are polyurethane seat material manufacturer sites that have extensive cleaning information.

If you are suggesting the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges, those are abrasive. Those seats are too nice to scuff up with abrasive sponges.

The vegan seats are polyurethane, there are websites that describe ways to clean polyurethane material. Even a 20% bleach solution can be used, that should decolorize the blue jean dye that a lot of people see transferred to the white seats.

There are polyurethane seat material manufacturer sites that have extensive cleaning information.

I may just leave a towel in the car just in case the Mrs. wears jeans.

I had a 2018 MS loaner today with textile seats. While the material was in real good shape, I thought I'd mention that those are NOT the same seats as the fake leather of 2018 or even the older real leather seats from 2015 (we own one of each). For one, no lumbar support, maybe minor, depends for whom. The biggest thing however was that the seats are not adjustable to the same position. While I have no issues adjusting the seats for comfort in my 2015 MS or my wife's 2018 MS, for the life of me I couldn't get the textile seats to get in a position I'm used to driving. I kept feeling like the seat is tilting forward when in the position where I like to drive. I could get it to tilt backwards but then I had to sit up, away from the backrest. I have driven many loaners, this was the first textile one. Maybe the textile seats are the same as gen1 leather seats of 2012-2014? I used to have a 2013 with leather and I remember them being less snug (not holding me in place when hard cornering) but it's been too long. Anyways, not trying to criticize textile seats, just wanted to mention to anyone considering those to make sure you try them, as they are not the same seats as the leather/pleather ones.