TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

White Seats

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ME_UK, Sep 25, 2019.

1. ME_UK

ME_UK Member

2. pdk42

pdk42 Member

The seats aren't leather!

3. ME_UK

ME_UK Member

I know :)

I spoke to them, and it will work just as well on PU. The PU is much more resilient than leather apparently. I'm a little concerned about the stitch work staining too, so I thought I would add a little protection there.

4. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

I used this ceramic coating after seeing a few Tesla white seat owners using it on YouTube:

Gyeon Q² LeatherShield

I put one coat on the rear seats (hardly ever used) and the door panels, and two coats on the front seats. It went on very nicely. I've still got just under half left for a recoat in a year or so.

• Like x 2
  5. Tatoo1

Tatoo1 Member

Used the same Gyeon protector, although wasn’t brave enough to do it myself! Got the detailer to do it.

• Like x 1
  6. LukeT

LukeT Member

No experience but I'm interested in your results. I might do the same if it turns out well. The white seats are fantastic but with my 5 year old about it's only a matter of time.......

7. Tatoo1

Tatoo1 Member

So yesterday wife and I got soaked by the rain while running back to the car. Wife with new dark blue/Indigo jeans + rain + white seats = dye transfer! Thankfully the seats were treated and a quick rub down of the seats with a wet wipe removed any staining. Phew!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

That’s good to know. Time to “treat” the wife to a new pair of (light coloured) jeans :D

• Funny x 1