Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

white seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
white seat in a standard range plus I am about to cancel my res. thoughts on when if ever
Unlikely unless Australia becomes a large market. They no longer make the cars specific to your build so they just make a bunch and send them over here. Not worth them sending a bunch of white interiors if they can't confirm that they'll all be sold according to them. Personally, I think there's enough demand for a white interior but hey, I'm not in charge.

white seat in a standard range plus I am about to cancel my res. thoughts on when if ever

Cancel your reservation anyways I would suggest, because Tesla is not going by reservation dates anymore. This will at least get the ball rolling on getting your deposit back. Tesla have already said its only the order date that matters. Therefore your reservation is pointless

Cancel your reservation anyways I would suggest, because Tesla is not going by reservation dates anymore. This will at least get the ball rolling on getting your deposit back. Tesla have already said its only the order date that matters. Therefore your reservation is pointless

Yep, agreed.....see below a copy/paste verbatim of a response I got from Tesla:

Your reservation means that you will be given priority compared to orders placed at the same time or after yours. Customers who ordered before you will likely be assigned VINs ahead of you in line with their order date.

So there you go...I only get priority as a reservation holder on people that order after me?! Really? What the hell does a reservation give one? Am I missing something here?

Your reservation means that you will be given priority compared to orders placed at the same time or after yours. Customers who ordered before you will likely be assigned VINs ahead of you in line with their order date.

This is literally the most non-sensical paragraph I have ever read. This basically says you have priority but only if you order right at that moment...

Isn't this the same level of priority if you were just to place an order?

I read it such that they will deliver yours first out of a batch of arrivals, and/or consider you ahead of anyone else for cancellations freeing up cars. Given the way they ship and deliver cars, none of this is particularly surprising.

I read it as, I am given no proirty apart from those that order after me on the same day or later, which of course is a duh, yeah we knew that of course...or in otherwords no point in being a reservation holder (in my case since near day 1, got a nice pretty Model 3 in blue thank you print from Tesla) and no extra love for being an existing Tesla owner (or in my case 2x Tesla's).....all of which was promised....

Either extremely poor English skills or the aformentioned is correct...

Other broken priomises?
  • Homelink will come one day, never came and have since found out car doesn't even have the hardware installed
  • Car would come home and park itself, no way a AP1 could achieve this...
  • Updating car would make it better each day, each upgrade had been a downground in many ways...apart from being full of bugs (like Spotify working, then not working, then working sort of etc. or a Model X that was sold as being able to travel 417km's that now stuggles to get 285km's per charge and being continually told this is all okay blah blah) but now things like the button one presses (top right on the steering wheel) doesn't activate the voice recogniation system for 10-15 seconds and then often failing on the first two attempts (third attempt works)....happens every single darn time one gets in to the car on AP1 cars...was told it must be my car, no fix...happens on all AP1 cars I have tried including on loaners...more BS
Seriously Tesla...fix your you know what....

Last edited:

I spoke to a Tesla rep at Martin Place earlier this week. He said he’s confident that the white interior will never become available for standard range plus or long range in Australia. He confirmed this with the delivery manger, who said they aren’t even speculating whether they’re going to bring the white interior into the market. Especially not while the demand is so high (orders placed in November will arrive in February). He stated several times (partly because I wouldn’t accept it - as surely news this BIG would be announced to the thousands of people waiting), that he’s practically 99% sure it will never be an option, even going into 2020 or when demand slows down. Same goes for the sport wheels. He recommended I just order ASAP and buy aftermarket wheels, and interior when someone decides to produce them in Australia.

I spoke to a Tesla rep at Martin Place earlier this week. He said he’s confident that the white interior will never become available for standard range plus or long range in Australia. He confirmed this with the delivery manger, who said they aren’t even speculating whether they’re going to bring the white interior into the market. Especially not while the demand is so high (orders placed in November will arrive in February). He stated several times (partly because I wouldn’t accept it - as surely news this BIG would be announced to the thousands of people waiting), that he’s practically 99% sure it will never be an option, even going into 2020 or when demand slows down. Same goes for the sport wheels. He recommended I just order ASAP and buy aftermarket wheels, and interior when someone decides to produce them in Australia.

Sounds like the guy/gal is new at Tesla...sports wheels will become an option as 19inch and as soon as there is 'any' close down the white interior will become an option....question is when not if

Reactions: Hovean and baillies

Yeah, exactly like ecocloud said Tesla will do whatever they can to make money. The salesrats will say whatever they can to get you to order right now. Truth is no one in Australia knows what Tesla is going to do. Don’t let the sales people BS you.

I hope that is true for the sake of SO many people. I’ve already placed my order though, I just couldn’t wait anymore, especially since a reservation doesn’t seem to do much in terms of priority.
If white interior ever becomes available, I’ll just wait to get them changed from Tesla themselves (probably end of 2020). Do you know if they even do that? I’ve heard somewhere that S owners have changed the colour of their seats after delivery, but it could have been US owners.

They'll come eventually. UK has SR with white seats.

Seems strange that Tesla don't want to earn the extra money from white seats. I guess there are still plenty of aussies they can upsell to the performance model to get white seats.

I cancelled my reservations over this. Took over 2 months to get my money back.

Might work out as a blessing. Model Y is what I really want. In the meantime I'll continue to drive my P85 into the ground :)

Reactions: raynewman