Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White should be base color not Black!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will that be cheaper ?

If the radio is the only part of the PUP you want then it makes fine sense to install aftermarket.

If the radio is easy to remove you can have mine for free. Heck, it might even come with a Sirius subscription. All I ask is that you become the target for their annoying phone calls

Haha! Same here. I learned my lesson after my first car that had satellite radio and filled in the wrong number on purpose the next time so I could avoid the dozens of "if you come back now, we will waive the activation fee and give you 6 months for only $$" calls. Didn't give the wrong physical address though, so the weekly letters with the same offer still clutter up my recycling bin. Why would I pay $15/month/car for music that goes away when i go through a tunnel/ under a bridge/ too many mountains to the south/ etc? Then again I don't understand paying comcast $100+++ for the ability to have 20 minutes of commercials every hour either.

Haha! Same here. I learned my lesson after my first car that had satellite radio and filled in the wrong number on purpose the next time so I could avoid the dozens of "if you come back now, we will waive the activation fee and give you 6 months for only $$" calls. Didn't give the wrong physical address though, so the weekly letters with the same offer still clutter up my recycling bin. Why would I pay $15/month/car for music that goes away when i go through a tunnel/ under a bridge/ too many mountains to the south/ etc? Then again I don't understand paying comcast $100+++ for the ability to have 20 minutes of commercials every hour either.
I am not their target customer obviously, but the little I did listen to convinced me to avoid them like the plague: the promise to broadcast commercial free carries the small print that their self-serving commercials promoting Sirius itself are OK and I found those to be no less frequent and annoying than standard adverts.

Reactions: gambit48
I am not their target customer obviously, but the little I did listen to convinced me to avoid them like the plague: the promise to broadcast commercial free carries the small print that their self-serving commercials promoting Sirius itself are OK and I found those to be no less frequent and annoying than standard adverts.

Not to get things off topic here, but I've figured out how to beat the Comcast game of 20 minutes of commercials per hour. I don't watch a lot of tv, and when I do, it's usually 1 hour shows (Gold Rush, Bering Sea Gold, Moonshiners, Better Call Saul, etc).

What I do is when the show is beginning, I will have my tv on the channel (a 40 inch Samsung non-smart tv), and I'll hit Pause. The tv has 30 minutes of pause capacity. After 20 minutes or so, I'll begin watching the show, and I have enough pause time saved to just fast forward through the commercials at 3X or 4X. So by the time the end of the hour comes around, I'm almost caught up in my saved time, I saw the show, and didn't watch a single commercial.

GAWD, I love beating the system like that! It's the little things that make life worth living! :)

• Informative
Reactions: gambit48
Model 3 has an all glass roof so I would think the color of the paint is irrelevant in regards to the temperature of the car. There is no paint on the roof. And if it did make a slight difference on the doors, which I kinda doubt.... overheat protection will keep the car cool. On a Model 3 it's cool to have black (little pun there).

I've thought this too. Can anyone with an all-glass roof and dark seats Model S weigh in?

Have to agree on the temperature, my Sprinter van is white and the surface is much cooler than our blue Kia on a sunny day. On the other hand, both have lots of glass and the interiors are about as bad.

The gripping hand: Our Model 3 will replace the Kia and my wife likes blue.