Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Tesla looks awful under the new UI. Or is it just me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't like the car graphic, but I do love the little animated charging wire when it's plugged in.

In general like the new app, but it has a few rough edges which weren't present in the old. (The car image being the big obvious one)

Less functional??? Functions are the same and the new UI is much worse.
Here are the new things I have found thus far (without spending any time looking) in V4 that were not present in the previous iteration:
  • Can turn the Environment (AC) on the home screen - since this is the #1 thing I do with the app, this is a great improvement to me.
  • Set charging level on home screen
  • Shopping for accessories
I will add to the list of I find more

I have not yet found anything that you can't do in the updated app that you could do previously (other than than have my white car look as good :rolleyes:)

Here are the new things I have found thus far (without spending any time looking) in V4 that were not present in the previous iteration:
  • Can turn the Environment (AC) on the home screen - since this is the #1 thing I do with the app, this is a great improvement to me.
  • Set charging level on home screen
  • Shopping for accessories
I will add to the list of I find more

I have not yet found anything that you can't do in the updated app that you could do previously (other than than have my white car look as good :rolleyes:)
Actually, you could turn the Climate on/off from the main screen in v3 as well.

I don't mind so much that our white cars showing up as silver...but really don't like the new energy graphs and the removal of balanced mode for Powerwalls in v4. Fortunately, running v3 on another device allows us to use balanced mode for now.

Attachments

• v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 66
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Informative
Reactions: Kevy Baby
You downgraded to your old less-functional app because your cartoon avatar isn't the right color? You should probably re-evaluate all aspects of your life, because it's going very wrong for you.
I feel like you underestimate the value of a properly colored avatar. Many companies have spent several millions of dollars on creating avatars creation software.

I feel like you underestimate the value of a properly colored avatar. Many companies have spent several millions of dollars on creating avatars creation software.
That matters when the avatar is an important part of the user experience, most typically in video games where graphics are a vital part of the selling experience (the whole ROI thing). One would be hard-pressed to claim that the avatar of your car is a vital part of the UX.

I would Tesla spend more time fixing things that truly need to be fixed.

That matters when the avatar is an important part of the user experience, most typically in video games where graphics are a vital part of the selling experience (the whole ROI thing). One would be hard-pressed to claim that the avatar of your car is a vital part of the UX.

I would Tesla spend more time fixing things that truly need to be fixed.
Do you even have a white car bro? It’s not about spending time fixing x it’s not spending time breaking x. Tesla seems to be breaking x a lot lately.

You downgraded to your old less-functional app because your cartoon avatar isn't the right color? You should probably re-evaluate all aspects of your life, because it's going very wrong for you.
I'm not sure how a personal attack fits into this conversation.

Also, downgrade was due to several issues, not just the avatar. New app removed some features, and is much more laggy than the previous version.

Also, downgrade was due to several issues, not just the avatar. New app removed some features, and is much more laggy than the previous version.
  1. What "issues" are you experiencing. You mention "more laggy" but what exactly does that mean?
  2. What features have been removed? I went back to your original post and you mention "New app is also missing charge voltage and vent window controls" but these are both false as both of these are present in the app.

Never had to ignore fellow community members in my 6 years here until today.

Personal attacks, dismissive of someone elses concerns, the Tesla cult still seems as strong as ever.

On topic - the new app seems to be a continuation of change for the sake of change without adequate functional improvements to compensate for a slower UI and overall experience. Disappointing, yet not surprising

Reactions: 4SUPER9
My not-a-fanboy credentials:

Just got one in 2020
Am openly critical of the car and company on here when it's earned the criticism
Do not have any others "on-order"
Did not loan the company $10,000 to develop a better-than-level2 system maybe one day
Do not go around proselytizing about the electric future and own multiple gas cars that I like equally as much as this thing

And yet, I prefer the new app to the old one.

For what it's wroth, I think the lag is on the car side. My app updates much more quickly now since the 2021.32 software. It took a while to wake up sometimes depending on the cell connection on the 2021.24 software I was on previously. It also displays both "mileage" and "%" and both voltage and amperage on charging, and various other new stuff. Service side of the app seems quicker too.

My car is poverty white, btw

Reactions: Lobstahz
the iPhone version has had a couple of updates since initial release and they've fixed some things already
The lagginess is much better than it was - previously it would take much too long to connect to the car, now its noticeably faster.
I do like how they have disconnected car connect time from application start. Now if you just want to check your account you don't have to wait for the car to connect.

For all the people who hate this thread, and think it is wastefull to be posting such concerns, I would like to recommend that you stop the ridicule, and just leave. No need to post. Let those who do care carry on. None of you are in the position to tell someone not to have his or her concern, no matter how trivial it may be. Grow up.

For all the people who hate this thread, and think it is wastefull to be posting such concerns, I would like to recommend that you stop the ridicule, and just leave. No need to post. Let those who do care carry on. None of you are in the position to tell someone not to have his or her concern, no matter how trivial it may be. Grow up.
You are arguing in favor of allowing people to have their opinions yet say that those with differing opinions can't state theirs.

Do you see the hypocrisy in that statement?

The original topic of this thread was people complain about the color of the white car in the updated app was a little off. I personally made the observation that this has got to be one of the most firstworldy first world problem I have ever read. No one has said one can't have an opinion about color of the white car in the app. But I can say when I think that concern is ridiculous.

Reactions: DblOSmith
Never had to ignore fellow community members in my 6 years here until today.

Personal attacks, dismissive of someone elses concerns, the Tesla cult still seems as strong as ever.

On topic - the new app seems to be a continuation of change for the sake of change without adequate functional improvements to compensate for a slower UI and overall experience. Disappointing, yet not surprising
I have never used the ignore feature either, and I’ve been here 10 years. Thank you for the suggestion. Disgusting behavior. I reported one of these posts on top of that.

Reactions: Lobstahz