Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White vs Cream vs Black interior

wwu123

Apr 11, 2017
Silicon Valley, CA
I find cream rank. It looks like you've had white and smoked in the car a lot. 😂
But if you like it go for it

And that's the thing about white interiors, in 10-20 years, all of them will be yellow/cream/tan as well, with various white materials yellowing at different rates to boot.

I have a '16 with tan interior, and plan to hold on to it for at 15 years, at the end of that it will be a different, probably darker tan, but it will still be tan, and the slight shading differences among the tan paints and dyes are not going to be be as stark as with yellowed whites.

The only white things I've seen that can last 50+ years and still be white are glazed porcelain (tubs/sinks/toilets) and whatever epoxy they use on steel appliances (fridges, washers). Even a white chest freezer outside that I bought 7 months ago is already yellowing on the plastic trim pieces compared to the epoxied steel sides, with hardly any direct sun exposure.

Reactions: Art VandeIay

Missile Toad

2021 MSLR Wht/Blk/19 | OD 6/10/21 | RN# 11512xx
Aug 30, 2016
Houston
I've driven a black-seated Model S70D for 5 years in Houston. The car had a sun roof, and it was a dark grey. Intuitively, it would seem that this car would get hot.
However, since I've learned to use the app to pre-cool the car, it really doesn't affect me.
I ordered a White-exterior, black-interior LR in June, and despite the all-glass roof, I think the remote cooling, plus the ventilated seats should make the car ridiculously cool. In other words, don't pick the color because of the perceived heating issues.

BigNick

Infamous Fat Sweaty Guy
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Previously I had a white 85 with cream interior, now MSM with grey interior. I prefer the grey to the cream, but it's not available anymore.
The grey really works well with all exterior colors - it wouldn't look out of place even with a wild neon orange wrap.
Not that I would get one of those. I have had an orange car before and it attracted even more attention than red.

oktane

Oct 25, 2016
USA
And that's the thing about white interiors, in 10-20 years, all of them will be yellow/cream/tan as well, with various white materials yellowing at different rates to boot.

Most people do not keep an electric car for 15 years. That's too risky and technology is improving too fast.

Reactions: 2101Guy

r1200gs4ok

Jul 17, 2019
Irvine
We have cream on the MX and ultra white on the M3. It's a toss up for me, but both look way better than black IMO.
white on both my 2019 model 3 and 2020 model s....both still look brand new.....arm rest in model s did show some discoloring on the seam threads but dawn and water cleaned it up

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC