Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White vs Cream vs Black interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dealer only had white and black interiors for test drives. I tend to avoid black as it gets quite hot where I live. The white seems SUPER bright in the Y and 3 that I looked at. They didn't have a cream at all. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards cream, but curious if real world personal opinions on it

My dealer only had white and black interiors for test drives. I tend to avoid black as it gets quite hot where I live. The white seems SUPER bright in the Y and 3 that I looked at. They didn't have a cream at all. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards cream, but curious if real world personal opinions on it
The Y and 3 do not have cream interior as an option.

The cream in the new MS looks amazing. If it were a $1K option like the 3/Y I may have gone for it. It just was not worth $3K over the standard black for me.

Any thoughts?

I have a 2017 Model S with the tan real leather premium ventilated seats (just a bit darker than cream) and I LOVE them!
I feel that white seats look cool but I find them a little bland and lacking character, like the inside of an OR at a hospital. They are indeed very bright, as you experienced from the 3/Y you saw. As you mentioned, it's a matter of personal preference.

I find reading around some threads here on TMC, that white and black interiors are much more popular. Check out this thread for some good insights on color combinations.

Have had three Teslas since 2017, all with white interior. Never once have I regretted it. Super easy to clean, cool to the touch in our hot Florida summers, and looks like it belongs in a space ship, especially when complimented by carbon fiber. I definitely want it again for my new Model S Plaid, but I'm not willing to wait until February or March for it, so tan with wood it is (even though I think wood has no place in a Tesla).

Reactions: cwanja and KyleDay
It's been almost 5 years I think since they offered them, but some of the comments here are why I really like my light gray Gen2 leather seats in my Model S. Avoids the "being a cave" effect of black and not quite a stark as the white, which is what replaced the light gray.

I find cream rank. It looks like you've had white and smoked in the car a lot. 😂
But if you like it go for it

The Y and 3 do not have cream interior as an option.

The cream in the new MS looks amazing. If it were a $1K option like the 3/Y I may have gone for it. It just was not worth $3K over the standard black for me.
did the price recently go up? I ordered my S Long Range in early June 2021 and my paperwork shows $2k for the white interior

I got the cream seats on my 21 LR+ pre refresh and its actually a really nice colour. Unlike the old tan interior colours its much lighter and almost looks like an off white in some lights. Paired with the bamboo look wood its really refreshing and not too much on the eyes like the white interiors are. However with the refresh they only have the brown wood which IMO doesn't look good with the cream interior.

Cream on this color is fantastic.

Attachments

• 4CEB207A-4AA2-4A11-B653-E2E46657ACF2.jpeg
    4CEB207A-4AA2-4A11-B653-E2E46657ACF2.jpeg
    534.9 KB · Views: 504
Reactions: cartog