Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White vs Cream vs Black interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find cream rank. It looks like you've had white and smoked in the car a lot. 😂
But if you like it go for it

And that's the thing about white interiors, in 10-20 years, all of them will be yellow/cream/tan as well, with various white materials yellowing at different rates to boot.

I have a '16 with tan interior, and plan to hold on to it for at 15 years, at the end of that it will be a different, probably darker tan, but it will still be tan, and the slight shading differences among the tan paints and dyes are not going to be be as stark as with yellowed whites.

The only white things I've seen that can last 50+ years and still be white are glazed porcelain (tubs/sinks/toilets) and whatever epoxy they use on steel appliances (fridges, washers). Even a white chest freezer outside that I bought 7 months ago is already yellowing on the plastic trim pieces compared to the epoxied steel sides, with hardly any direct sun exposure.

I've driven a black-seated Model S70D for 5 years in Houston. The car had a sun roof, and it was a dark grey. Intuitively, it would seem that this car would get hot.
However, since I've learned to use the app to pre-cool the car, it really doesn't affect me.
I ordered a White-exterior, black-interior LR in June, and despite the all-glass roof, I think the remote cooling, plus the ventilated seats should make the car ridiculously cool. In other words, don't pick the color because of the perceived heating issues.

Reactions: doc5339
Previously I had a white 85 with cream interior, now MSM with grey interior. I prefer the grey to the cream, but it's not available anymore.
The grey really works well with all exterior colors - it wouldn't look out of place even with a wild neon orange wrap.
Not that I would get one of those. I have had an orange car before and it attracted even more attention than red.

I had cream but changed it to white. I am torn
I was torn too but decided to go with white. Now I am so glad I did. Don't think I will have it any other way going forward. It's super easy to clean, btw.

Besides, can cream pull off this?

1653800661010.png

My dealer only had white and black interiors for test drives. I tend to avoid black as it gets quite hot where I live. The white seems SUPER bright in the Y and 3 that I looked at. They didn't have a cream at all. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards cream, but curious if real world personal opinions on it
I think you answered your own question; cream is the way to go. I agree, the white is too bright and glares in my eyes. Perhaps I am just a traditionalist.

I was torn too but decided to go with white. Now I am so glad I did. Don't think I will have it any other way going forward. It's super easy to clean, btw.

View attachment 810090

View attachment 810090
Wow, I love the design detail. I am sold. Nothing is like the white interior. I changed mine yesterday to white. Thanks for the pic.

Reactions: paulchou
How does the white interior get on with blue denim? A few years ago I had a Range Rover with ivory seats, but after just a few months they had taken on a noticeable blue stain from the dye.
We have a ‘17 MS with White interior and ~71k miles. We did coat the seats with ceramic protection at delivery and have reapplied once. The kids (8 and 5) ride often in the back seat and we can equally attest that they are clean and in great shape.

No issues to speak of.

AD9BD038-1882-49A2-9A8A-834E4898707B.jpeg