Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White vs Pearl White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered mine in White... I just like white cars. I'm interested in opinions on the Pearl White vs the standard white. Is the difference really worth a few thousand $$ for the more expensive paint?

I'm still in my initial 7 days so can change it.

- - - Updated - - -

After posting this it highlighted a couple of earlier threads on the same topic, which I've now read. Starting to think maybe I should change to the Pearl White. Still interested in any more recent aussie opinions though!

I've ordered mine in White... I just like white cars. I'm interested in opinions on the Pearl White vs the standard white. Is the difference really worth a few thousand $$ for the more expensive paint?

I'm still in my initial 7 days so can change it.

Depends how much you like the metallic look I guess. The difference is noticeable up close but not from any significant distance. For me I preferred the plain white as it is a lot easier to repair and touch up successfully when those inevitable minor chips and scratches occur, and the pearl look wasn't sufficiently different for me to want to spend more as well. YMMV.

Depends how much you like the metallic look I guess. The difference is noticeable up close but not from any significant distance. For me I preferred the plain white as it is a lot easier to repair and touch up successfully when those inevitable minor chips and scratches occur, and the pearl look wasn't sufficiently different for me to want to spend more as well. YMMV.
I got pearl white but am not sure I would do that again as it's normally too dirty to tell the difference.

Photo from QLD meet up posted by LGGD http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...n-26-April-9am?p=988120&viewfull=1#post988120

i think both whites are in the photo but they could all be pearl, someone from the meetup maybe can confirm. There are other side by side photos but not sure where.

image.jpeg

I'm very happy to have gone for the pearl white. In the right light it looks stunning. Seeing the two next to each other confirmed it for me. In really bright light you'd struggle to see it, but at other times chalk & cheese.

My wife's first MS was base white. A friend ended up getting the pearl. I made sure my wife had a chance to park the two side by side as we were replacing her car (accident) which opened the door for pearl. She (and I) preferred the base white.

Just remember what the say about opinions........
The only one the really matters is yours :)

Solid white and pearl white photographed side-by-side

Hi Colina,
I pondered the same question before getting my solid white Model S. I'm very happy with my choice.
I took photos of solid white and pearl white next to each other, at the Sydney meet up in February, posted here:
The Colour of your Tesla

You'll love the car, no matter what colour!

Wouldn't get pearl / metallic unless you plan on opticoating - dborn is right with that comment. Opticoating brings a lot of depth to the metallic colours. Opticoat makes the car so much easier and faster to clean, and use a squirt of optimum 'no rinse wash and shine' mixed with a squirt of scholl concepts shampoo for a very rapid single wipe single waffle weave cloth dry. No wringing required. So fast! Have to give credit to my opticoater in adelaide for that formula.

The display car in Calgary is pearl white, I walked up to it the first time, took a close look, and immediately crossed pearl white off my list, it was too much like regular white to be worth the price difference, I had to be inches away from the paint to know it wasn't the standard white.