Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

White vs Pearl White

I've ordered mine in White... I just like white cars. I'm interested in opinions on the Pearl White vs the standard white. Is the difference really worth a few thousand $$ for the more expensive paint?

I'm still in my initial 7 days so can change it.

- - - Updated - - -

After posting this it highlighted a couple of earlier threads on the same topic, which I've now read. Starting to think maybe I should change to the Pearl White. Still interested in any more recent aussie opinions though!

I've ordered mine in White... I just like white cars. I'm interested in opinions on the Pearl White vs the standard white. Is the difference really worth a few thousand $$ for the more expensive paint?

I'm still in my initial 7 days so can change it.

Depends how much you like the metallic look I guess. The difference is noticeable up close but not from any significant distance. For me I preferred the plain white as it is a lot easier to repair and touch up successfully when those inevitable minor chips and scratches occur, and the pearl look wasn't sufficiently different for me to want to spend more as well. YMMV.

Depends how much you like the metallic look I guess. The difference is noticeable up close but not from any significant distance. For me I preferred the plain white as it is a lot easier to repair and touch up successfully when those inevitable minor chips and scratches occur, and the pearl look wasn't sufficiently different for me to want to spend more as well. YMMV.
I got pearl white but am not sure I would do that again as it's normally too dirty to tell the difference.

Photo from QLD meet up posted by LGGD http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...n-26-April-9am?p=988120&viewfull=1#post988120

i think both whites are in the photo but they could all be pearl, someone from the meetup maybe can confirm. There are other side by side photos but not sure where.

image.jpeg

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
My wife's first MS was base white. A friend ended up getting the pearl. I made sure my wife had a chance to park the two side by side as we were replacing her car (accident) which opened the door for pearl. She (and I) preferred the base white.

Just remember what the say about opinions........
The only one the really matters is yours :)

Wouldn't get pearl / metallic unless you plan on opticoating - dborn is right with that comment. Opticoating brings a lot of depth to the metallic colours. Opticoat makes the car so much easier and faster to clean, and use a squirt of optimum 'no rinse wash and shine' mixed with a squirt of scholl concepts shampoo for a very rapid single wipe single waffle weave cloth dry. No wringing required. So fast! Have to give credit to my opticoater in adelaide for that formula.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC