Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White vs Pearl White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever white you go with, I like it best with the black roof but not sure if they are doing that anymore.
I agree that the white looks best with the black roof, but it's no longer a factory option. Your choice is the pano roof which has basically the same look as the black one, or do something aftermarket. Honestly the aftermarket route is probably pretty cheap and easy if you want to, Get it wrapped in black and it'll probably be dirt cheap, and easily reversible if you change your mind.

a pearl white -and- a solid white, together in one photo. I know which is which as I took the photo, but if you didn't know, could you tell?
(with thanks to James for showing us the cars at Richmond service centre)
IMG_20151106_111934.jpg
IMG_20151106_111815.jpg

maybe i'm biased, but i think the solid looks better (my order is solid :D ).
design aesthetics is cyclical (everything old is new again), but right now designs are going flat and minimal (think android material deign, MS windows 8+). I think the solid white plays into that with the pure white colour, contrasting sharply with the black of the rear lights, windows, wheels, etc. The pearl white just looks like it's trying to be white but is a bit dirty IMO. It gives the car a rounded, deeper look, but to me that screams design 5 years ago, the flat (solid white) colour looks modern.
Of course this is all completely subjective, such a personal choice!

design aesthetics is cyclical (everything old is new again), but right now designs are going flat and minimal (think android material deign, MS windows 8+). I think the solid white plays into that with the pure white colour, contrasting sharply with the black of the rear lights, windows, wheels, etc. The pearl white just looks like it's trying to be white but is a bit dirty IMO. It gives the car a rounded, deeper look, but to me that screams design 5 years ago, the flat (solid white) colour looks modern.
and in five years time...

Have to say, the white/black contrasts in the Tesla was a big part of the decision for me in going for solid white in the end. It really does look good on that car. I also liked the red, but the biggest thing against it for me was losing those very attractive contrasts. As everyone says, so subjective and very much personal choice. I like that we turn up to a rally and every color on the books is there :)

i'm trying to work out which colour plates to get. my car is solid white, from LGGD's picture it looks like that middle one with the black plates looks nice.. is there a high res version of this photo around? would love to get a closer look

Having seen quite a few white cars at the recent QLD event most seem to be white on black, which I also thought looked best. I asked Adam at Tesla and he also said the White on black is most popular and suggested slimline for the front and full size for the rear, which is what I've ordered.