Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White wrap for Model 3 central console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
450A4126-A7DE-49CC-A3B9-FC40E06959BB.jpeg
It seems like the hardest parts of wrapping the center console are the edges of the panels and the cup holder lips.

I’m not the most patient guy with these kinds of things either, but I managed to get the above wrap (from RPM Tesla) on without too much issue in about 30mins, mainly because they’re designed to be just short of all rounded edges, meaning the adhesion is to flat surfaces making it a lot easier to install.

Some details:
- This is the ‘Gen 2’ version, so the color is a bit lighter than the Gen 1, but not so much that it’s noticeable (I purposely used the flash for the pic to highlight the subtle hue difference, but it’s not so different that a casual observer would immediately be drawn to the difference, even in daylight)
- The dimensions of the pieces are very close to the true dimensions of the console, but not exact, so we had to make sure the alignment was even on both sides (this leaves a nice ‘shadow’ effect of the black gloss underneath, but so thin that it serves as an accent and not a distraction)
- It’s a ‘wet wrap’, so as long as there’s enough moisture between the surface and the wrap, it’ll glide along (the liquid solution is water + baby shampoo so it has a reasonable slickness)
- My wife sat in the passenger side with the spray bottle and spritzed when needed
- She also helped line up the wrap from that angle so that it wasn’t (grossly) misaligned
- The wrap itself is very thick, so it was easy to handle (ie. you don’t have to be so delicate with it)
- The wrap has a texture to it similar to the dash wood, so no fingerprint issues

Have plenty of dry towels handy to mop up the solution. That way you can spray liberally then fab dry as needed and finish off at the end with a full wipe down.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeBur