TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"WhiteStar" quotes from Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TEG, Jun 30, 2007.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I read here That Elon has young triplets at home.
    I can see why he and his wife would like to have 3 across child seating in the back of Whitestar, but then what about the twins? Will there be a range extending battery trailer with an extra set of seats for 2 more? ;)

I hope the Musk family doesn't force Tesla to turn the Whitestar into a mini-van substitute. They should leave the Whitestar as a "2+2" executive sedan no wider than an E39 M5.

If the Musk's want to haul 2+3+2 then perhaps a Toyota Highlander Hybrid would be a better choice.
    toyota-highlander-limited-interior1.jpg

2. mt2

mt2 Member

#4 mt2, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
    Funny thing is, I saw the interview with Elon Musk on exactly the same day a pregnant co-worker of mine came back from an exasperating search for a vehicle that will accommodate three car seats. I laughed out loud. It just proves these guys are really in touch

I suspect we'll hear little more about the WhiteStar until the Roadster begins delivery. But let's set up those Google alerts anyway. Inquiring minds want to know!

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

From the article:
    "A concept will appear later this year-likely at the L.A. auto show-and an engineering prototype will be running by late spring 2008."

Is the Whitestar project on track? Will we really see a Whitestar concept car at the LA Auto show in November?

5. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

A WhiteStar concept at the LA auto show? Does the author have inside information or just wishing aloud?

I would fly [from NY] to LA just to see the WhiteStar concept!!