TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Whither Tesla and the Model S at the San Francisco International Auto Show?!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gg_got_a_tesla, Nov 11, 2010.

1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Sad to see that Tesla's not putting up a booth at arguably its "home" auto show:

http://www.sfautoshow.com/exhibitors.asp

I was hoping to see the red Model S prototype in person for the first time (and get the Mrs and our 4-year old son craving for it as well) :frown:

Been trying to sell it to the preschooler that it's like "Lightning McQueen" and that it'd be the first car that he'd get to sit in without a child seat - coincidentally - after he turns 6 in 2012!

2. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Don't feel bad. Tesla did not have a display nor a car on the "Green Road" display at the 40th annual Miami Beach International Auto Show. I was able to see both the Leaf and Volt at the show and dissapointed that a Roadster was not available.

3. Laurent

Laurent Member

Not surprising given that Model S won't be in production for at least another 2 years.

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

But, the Model S is going to be at Tesla, Menlo Park, CA for us NorCal folks to check out on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday! (Sadly, I'll be out of town :frown:)

Got the attached invite from the Store Coordinator at Tesla Menlo Park a couple of days ago!
    TeslaOpenHouse.jpg