Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who’s got V10 in Aus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another 10.0 update today

Attachments

• tesla8.jpg
    tesla8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
The way I understand is that the update will download first and then you get the notification in the app to actually install. I.e that download is automatic. I only ever see the connect to wifi to download message on my car display. The app doesn’t show anything.
Ahh...I see. The only thing I have noticed is a message from the app “software update available, do you want to install “.

Do you leave your car connected to wifi while parked? If so is it charging/not charging? Sentry mode on/off?

Seems like my download is not starting despite being connected to WiFi for days.

I don’t change anything about wifi or anything. When it’s sitting in the garage I’m assuming it talks to the wifi to pull the update.
It still seems to let you update away from wifi, but I never bother, just do it in the garage.

I have now had 4 upgrade since I picked up my car with V9. :D So three versions of v10. I am now on 2019.32.12.2 58f3b76
It seems to be picking up speed limits more accurately now and has introduced "speed is limited to (speed limit) when in FSD on country roads.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Currently installing another update. And it was pre-downloaded as others have mentioned so I guess it's not as large as v10 which said I had to connect to Wifi first
Drove around today and the car had no access to wifi...and SR+ has no LTE. On returning to the car tonight at the office it alerted me it had an update so the only source of that info had to be the app on the phone I unlocked it with.
Turns out I was wrong on this. To correct the record, SR+ does have LTE. This car delights me in new ways every day!