Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who’s waiting for a plaid (waiting room)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order for MSM/19/black/no FSD on May 12th. Initially the estimate was August at the earliest, eventually moved to July 4 - August 15 and as of just a few days ago it moved to June 20 - July 25. RN1171

The fact it's moved closer a few times now makes me optimistic (maybe they've resolved some issues?), but not holding my breath. I'm surprised the new order estimate for plaid still says June though.

Ordered originally on battery day. Wasn’t thrilled when saw an early car, cancelled the order and bought an Audi RS7. Traded the RS7 to an R8 and need a new daily. Ordered another plaid on 3/21. Date was originally 5/27-6/28. Then it was moved to 6/10-7/7. Moved last week to 6/8 to 6/29. I’m somewhat optimistic that the date is being pulled in and the window is shortened. Is there any status change such as an assigned VIN before delivery?

I just ordered my Model S Plaid and the night I placed my order, and still on the site now, it says Nov-Dec delivery, but my order immediately stated Dec-Jan delivery. What is the real world current experience with Plaid wait times? They already tried to offer my an LR at the end of September/last quarter and of course I said no.

I just ordered my Model S Plaid and the night I placed my order, and still on the site now, it says Nov-Dec delivery, but my order immediately stated Dec-Jan delivery. What is the real world current experience with Plaid wait times? They already tried to offer my an LR at the end of September/last quarter and of course I said no.
Lots of plaids in inventory last I checked.

Be careful you don't get someone's reject. Even minor delivery issues can take months to resolve.

Wait times for all Teslas have decreased.