Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who at Telsa needs to be fired for the idea of having a single IDA who can help you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is 6 days away and I need some information about payment. I emailed my IDA, and got a vacation message. So I called the Telsa number, waited 25 minutes on hold, and finally got a person. The person told me I had to wait for my IDA. "They should be back tomorrow so you'll need to wait for them to reply to your email."

WTF? My response was, "Her typical response time to my emails is measured in a large number of days. You really cannot help me?

"No, only she can unlock your account. If she doesn't contact you in a few days we can try to have one of her backups work with you.

What kind of moronic system is this? Hasn't the rest of the universe figured out that having a pool of employees, all of whom can provide customer service, works pretty well? I also know someone who had his delivery delayed and had absolutely no communication throughout because his IDA had a family emergency and left work for some time.

Seriously, who these days designs their customer service business to have a single (employee) point of failure? What is this setup supposedly gaining me? Please don't say "Higher quality personal service." or I'll refer you to the wait times that it takes my IDA to respond to my inquiries.

Reactions: Lasairfion
While I wish I could say that you're off base... You're not... I couldn't even get my DA to respond to even a single email until DURING my delivery... I had to work with others so I fully get your frustration, 100%. What I can tell you is, the website is usually reasonably accurate and that helps.

Are you paying in full or financing?

Jeff