Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who Bought My 2021 Model Y? Was it you???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my 2021 LR Model Y Midnight Silver/White Interior (2Kmiles on odometer) to Carvana about a month ago...
My Tesla app is still working and I'l been following it from Long Island... For 3wks it's been sitting still in Manheim PA until a few days ago when it went inside a nearby building (now I know it was to take beauty photos for the Carvana site) and as of today it's moving west a bit towards the Great lakes?

It just showed up on the Carvana site in the last day or so, but it already says "Sale in progress"... so someone snapped up instantly.
Vin: xxx-3297

They are slightly off on the mileage.. I sold it to them with 2,450mi on it, as of today it has 2,485 not 2,084 as listed on Carvana.

I hope someone here on the forum got it, I have lots of extras on it that are not on Carvana (like full front end PPF!) that I'll be happy to discuss...

Rob

19.jpg

^ because in 2020 my work situation changed from 5 days a week 50mi round trip commute to primarily working from home now. I felt the resale value for the car was high (which it was- Carvana paid me more than I paid for it in Nov 2020) as it was going to get and the car was still in perfect condition. From Nov 3rd 2020 (delivery day) till the end of Sept 2021 which is almost a full year- I only put 2,400miles on the car.. I hardly used it and we have three other cars in the driveway which I have access to if I get called in to work.
I stashed the $$ I got for the MY in the bank account and am holding it for the CyberTruck or Rivian R1T Truck. I have a deposit down on both. Whichever comes out first gets my $$$ :p

Reactions: omegafiler
You sold it, stop being creepy and remove the car from your account.
Can you do that? I couldn't a few years back and they kept using my supercharger reward credits. After trying to get the dealer to get the new buyer to get it transferred into their name, I just kept pressing, "STOP CHARGING", over, and over and over.... I tried everything else, but it appeared the new buyer didn't have home charging and was burning through my rewards.

Can you do that? I couldn't a few years back and they kept using my supercharger reward credits. After trying to get the dealer to get the new buyer to get it transferred into their name, I just kept pressing, "STOP CHARGING", over, and over and over.... I tried everything else, but it appeared the new buyer didn't have home charging and was burning through my rewards.
There should be an option in your account that you sold your car. That should remove it.

Btw the reward miles might not be transferable, it's covered under remove car from my account.

You sold it, stop being creepy and remove the car from your account.
Lol... thank you for the unsolicited advice my friend. And they say NYers are paranoid :D
Trying to be helpful to the new owner! See below.....

New owner may want to know why the side mirrors are blue? Because they're Summa Performance Blue Convex Heated Wide Angle rear view mirrors. Maybe they prefer the original mirrors.. I will gladly ship them to the new owner. What kind of PPF is on the front end? BTW... that has a TRANSFERABLE LIFETIME WARRANTY. The 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats still have 2yrs left on warranty or want the original unused carpet mats which I still have, etc...

Lol... thank you for the unsolicited advice my friend. And they say NYers are paranoid :D

New owner may want to know why the side mirrors are blue? Because they're Summa Performance Blue Convex Heated Wide Angle rear view mirrors. Maybe they prefer the original mirrors.. I will gladly ship them to the new owner. What kind of PPF is on the front end? BTW... that has a TRANSFERABLE LIFETIME WARRANTY. The 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats still have 2yrs left on warranty or want the original unused carpet mats which I still have, etc...
Once you post anything on a forum you’re expecting to receive comments, so it’s not unsolicited.
If I were to buy a used car on Carvana, I wouldn’t want the previous owner to be contacting me.

If I were to buy a used car on Carvana, I wouldn’t want the previous owner to be contacting me.
Why not? Nothing to hide and as I mentioned above.. lots of value in the remaining warranties alone. Just the PPF lifetime warranty is worth $1,500+.
I also have the OEM parts I have no use for, maybe the new owner wants them?

I see it as a Tesla "community" where we are open to helping other Tesla owners to foster adoption of EV's vs gas vehicles. I have nothing to gain here other than being nice to a fellow human being. That used to be a thing back in the day........

Why not? Nothing to hide and as I mentioned above.. lots of value in the remaining warranties alone. Just the PPF lifetime warranty is worth $1,500+.

I see it as a Tesla "community" where we are open to helping other Tesla owners to foster adoption of EV's vs gas vehicles. I have nothing to gain here other than being nice to a fellow human being. That used to be a thing back in the day........
I get that, and I don’t think you’re doing anything super messed up here. But tracking the location is a little invasive, even if it’s anonymous. Also if you somehow find them on here then it’s no longer anonymous. But maybe free PPF is worth it to them, who knows.

I sold my 2021 LR Model Y Midnight Silver/White Interior (2Kmiles on odometer) to Carvana about a month ago...
My Tesla app is still working and I'l been following it from Long Island... For 3wks it's been sitting still in Manheim PA until a few days ago when it went inside a nearby building (now I know it was to take beauty photos for the Carvana site) and as of today it's moving west a bit towards the Great lakes?

It just showed up on the Carvana site in the last day or so, but it already says "Sale in progress"... so someone snapped up instantly.
Vin: xxx-3297

They are slightly off on the mileage.. I sold it to them with 2,450mi on it, as of today it has 2,485 not 2,084 as listed on Carvana.

I hope someone here on the forum got it, I have lots of extras on it that are not on Carvana (like full front end PPF!) that I'll be happy to discuss...

Rob
Kind of agree with others here. Even though you seem genuinely interested in helping, I'd post whatever extras your Y has and give the new owner an open invitation to contact you directly if they're interested in a warranty transfer and leave it at that. And definitely try to disassociate the car from your Tesla account. That alone would prevent me from wanting to reach out to you if I were the new owner.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I’m can’t imagine her frustrating that with be for a new owner. “My car refuses to charge” lol

Why not leave that stuff in the car?

As @thinktwice said, if you just posted that you sold your car and if you want any info on it to contact you, that would have been fine. The fact that you're purposely keeping the car on your account for the purpose of tracking it to the new owner is sketchy.

As @thinktwice said, if you just posted that you sold your car and if you want any info on it to contact you, that would have been fine. The fact that you're purposely keeping the car on your account for the purpose of tracking it to the new owner is sketchy.
In the past, like when I sold my 2107 Bolt to Vroom... I was locked out of MyChevrolet app almost the next day. I originally thought that would happen with the Tesla app too once Carvana got it? Amazing the app still works/tracks the car almost a month later.
I'll remove it from my Tesla account tonight....