Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who can Beat my Average Whr/mile? (Over life of Car)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird flex but okay.

If you have Teslafi, I think the Leaderboards > Longest Drives section is more impressive than average wh/m over lifetime of miles. It's based on the longest drive on a single charge without a complete stop. The current leader for Model Y-
View attachment 768890
That guy is surely a madman….

yeah-csi-miami.gif

• Love
Reactions: jwuwu
Why does Lifetime show up on some people’s Trips and not others? I don’t have Lifetime on mine.
Because it's really just a custom name for the vehicle's Trip counter.

The car doesn't have a real lifetime tracker. It has a custom naming for Trip A and for Trip B. What many people have done is re-name the last custom naming (Trip B) to something called "LIFETIME" or "DO NOT DELETE".. or possibly "LIFETIME DO NOT DELETE". Meaning they are using the custom name for Trip B to track their vehicle for the entire life of the car.

Because its a custom setting.

The car doesn't have a real lifetime tracker. It has a custom setting A and for B. What many people have done is re-named the last custom setting (B) to something called "LIFETIME" or "DO NOT DELETE". Meaning they are using the custom setting B to track their vehicle for the entire life of the car.
Dang, already ruined my Lifetime setting since I reset both A and B.

I have an average of 234 Whr/mile over the life of my Model Y (15,305 miles). Can anyone beat this or am I the best? Pictures or it didn't happen!

Until the most recent Tesla update (which moved visibilty of this off the main screen and down into a layer or two of menus) I used to watch this stuff pretty closely... and 234 whr/mile is pretty much exactly what I have gotten, overall and on average, in the spring, summer, and fall months here in Pennyslvania. This is my second Pennsylvania winter with a Model Y, and both times i've seen a pretty substantial hit to my energy for the coldest four months of the year, such that my lifetime is 250 wh/mi, which I would rough estimate as:
- I get on average about 235 wh/mi 8 months of the year (235 * .67 = 157.5)
- I get closer to 280 wh/mi for the 4 coldest months of the year (280 * .33 = 92.5)
Put those together and I'm at 157.5 + 92.5 = 250 wh/mi

I see that your tag says "Asheville NC", which would be further South than me, with probably milder gentler Winters.... I think I'd probably get closer to your lifetime number if I lived further South.... otherwise very similar I think.

I used to micro manage mileage on my Subaru. When I first got the Model Y I did for a bit, but the bike rack just destroyed any expectation of hitting decent numbers. That, plus the the cost of running electric is so much cheaper than it ever was with ICE I just completely ceased caring. So I fly down the highway at 80 with a bike or two on the back acting like a big parachute.

Oh no… now I’m paying $0.025/ mile. Tragic.

• Funny
Reactions: mangrove79
The idea of getting the absolute lowest Whr/mi is an anathema to me. While it is good to try and keep it low on long trips to squeeze out more range, it completely ruins the overall driving experience for me to constantly be striving to keep it below 300.

I bought this car ("performance" model) to enjoy and I love the feel the acceleration and pickup (especially zipping around left-lane parade leaders) and have no interest in babying my performance vehicle for bragging rights in the "who's the most gentle driver" contest.

To each his own, though. Drive safe and enjoy the ride.

At 233 Wh/Mi, that's 322 (or 335 depending on the older/newer battery pack) miles total range. Great that you can do it, but look how many people are not getting that sort of range, which is almost everyone! As a side note I put the Gemini hubcaps back on my car after 16,000 miles, and noticed the Wh/Mi dropped about 20 overall, went from 270's to 250's. Quite a bit more than I thought.

I get the feeling that if Tesla posted more realistic numbers on their website, they'd sell a lot fewer cars, especially the standard range model(s). Buyers find out afterwards the range isn't anywhere close to what is advertised. Few people would want a car with about 160-180 miles of range standard, and mid-to-high 200's in a long range car.

At 233 Wh/Mi, that's 322 (or 335 depending on the older/newer battery pack) miles total range. Great that you can do it, but look how many people are not getting that sort of range, which is almost everyone! As a side note I put the Gemini hubcaps back on my car after 16,000 miles, and noticed the Wh/Mi dropped about 20 overall, went from 270's to 250's. Quite a bit more than I thought.

I get the feeling that if Tesla posted more realistic numbers on their website, they'd sell a lot fewer cars, especially the standard range model(s). Buyers find out afterwards the range isn't anywhere close to what is advertised. Few people would want a car with about 160-180 miles of range standard, and mid-to-high 200's in a long range car.
Generous mileage numbers don’t seem to impact ICE vehicle sales much at all. People who care about mileage/ range granny foot and keep pretty close to the numbers. The rest of us just accept that we’re not grannies and recognize that most of the time we won’t get the granny number.

No offense meant to grannies or efficient drivers. You all rock in my book, I’ve been a granny foot in the past too!