Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who can Beat my Average Whr/mile? (Over life of Car)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an average of 234 Whr/mile over the life of my Model Y (15,305 miles). Can anyone beat this or am I the best? Pictures or it didn't happen!
IMG_4173.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm right around 300 with 20k miles. I do 79-85 on highway and drive it safe but fast:p

I was a little over 300 for the first ~20K miles as well, doing mostly long interstate road trips at 70 to 90 mph, regularly showing over 400wh/m for an hour or more at a time. I've since settled down a bit, back at the house doing state highway drives around Arkansas and daily in-town driving, and my average has come down to 294 at last look, with about 36K miles. It's going to take a LOT of slow cautious driving to get under 290.

Reactions: whisperingshad
I spend a huge chunk of my time pulling a bike or 2 behind my Model Y and drive 75-80MPH on the highway.

I’m not breaking any records any time soon.

glad to see I’m not the only one in 300+ territory.

Reactions: voxel
I’m at 281 and enjoy the heck out of driving my vehicle. What this thread really re-enforces with me is what an absolute pile of horse sheet the EPA range estimates are. The original MY long range came with a 75KWh battery and was given a range of 318 miles by the EPA; which equates to 235 Wh/mi. Only one person on this thread comes close to that number and had to provide evidence for others to believe it.

Last edited:
I'll enjoy the hell out of my car, rather than worry about achieving lowest Whr/mile... in fact, I'd suggest asking who has the *worst* Whr/mile in their Tesla!

Now THAT is someone I wanna take a ride with!
But the worst wh/mi guy might not be what you imagined, maybe he just has a really shty battery in his car, LOL. But I'm with the OP. It's kind of a challenge and "fun" to try to get to as low as possible. Not because I'm worrying about the extra $5 for the electricity bill, of course, but just second nature to tree huggers like myself.

257 after 10K miles here. it was up to 272 after 8K summer driving, now slowly down closer to the true number after 8 months.