Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who can catch Tesla ? They seem to be experiencing exponential growth…..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
41188AEA-CC4A-43E3-94CB-FD791AF54F86.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
  • VW outsells Tesla in Europe nearly 2 to 1
That only because Tesla was boating cars over from Shanghai. VW is trembling as Giga Berlin ramps up.

Diess pointed out in the staff meeting that Tesla plans to employ 7,000 workers at its Berlin plant, and estimates it will take just 10 hours to produce each car. At VW’s electric car factory in Zwickau—which employed nearly 9,000 people as of last December—it typically takes workers 30 hours to assemble a car

How come none of the Chinese companies are listed?
Sadly it's like a lot of financial heads don't even count them like BYD at #2 in China. The really big big thing imo is that VW is really *sugar* in China and those numbers will look a lot worse in 2022. There's articles detailing how piss poor reception is to VW and other legacy auto in China. Apparently the Chinese consumer wants Teslas or Chinese brands like BYD, Xpeng, NIO, etc.

Only 1,213 vehicles of the two ID.4 electric SUV models launched just two months earlier were sold together in May. That was about 200 fewer than in April, according to auto consultancy LMC. In addition, both companies’ EV factories were running below 10 per cent of production capacity, according to three of the people.

The Reuters report drew a comparison to Tesla: The electric car maker sold 6,612 units of its Model Y in China in the first two months after launch. The ID.4’s sales performance in China also stands in stark contrast to Europe, where it sold 12,101 units in the first two months after launch, according to Jato Dynamics.

And then the baffling reasons for VW's poor sales blaimg attire choice by sales staff.

The OP has a decidedly strong pro Tesla tilt, even though he seems to be asking the question innocuously.

To the OP: you don’t think Tesla has any faults? I can name a laundry list. They have been ignoring their customers since 2017-2018 timeframe:
Poor customer service
Bad build quality even after 10 years of making cars
FSD that likely never will get out of beta, never be as good as others with their stupid vision-only nonsense
Yoke design by a 5 year old
Terrible UI that dedicates a large part of the display to show what the car is doing, no matter whether you are in AP or not
Interior quality and materials not out of place in a Honda Accord or even Civic, comparing the 3 and Y
Bad NVH control
Bad ride on both the 3 and the Y

Lastly : they seem to want to charge more than BMW, Porsche and MBZ at a fraction of the quality.

They are losing their way, and Elon is entirely to blame. He started with the hyper partisan right wing nonsense and Twitter circus, and he will doom Tesla a few years from now, the way he is carrying on.

Look at the actual numbers for Ford, GM and Stellantis.

An utter joke. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Companies are created to make money. If making ICE is unprofitable and making EV is profitable then ICE Companies would switch in a heart beat.

Tesla had lost money for many years. Something else have helped its bottom line: Bitcoin
And
Regulatory Carbon Credit Performance: 2019=$986 million, 2020=$1.58 billion.

Tesla has abandoned $25,000 car. Tesla Model S used to be below $100,000 but now it starts at $104,990!

What that means is it is still expensive to make an EV.

Other EV companies have not been profitable.

If it's not profitable why GM made EV-1 in the past? Because it was good PR when the California Government mandated it. When the mandate was lifted, it quickly crushed the EV-1.

So why ICE companies now go to the press saying that they are for EV?

Because of Governments around the world are announcing the mandate.

There's no need for them to switch right away when the deadline is in 2035 or 13 years away.

They don't want to give up the ICE profits for the next 13 years if the deadline is not yet here.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Stuart Watson
What do you base that on? Or are you joking?
I base it on Tesla's choice to stay away from the lower priced (and lower profit margin) market. If we're just talking about number of units sold then Tesla doesn't stand a chance against companies making small $20k city cars. But maybe Tesla's fine with avoiding the lower end since there's not much money in it to begin with so the total number of units produced doesn't matter. Apple doesn't hold the largest piece of the mobile phone market but they still make the most money in that space.

The EV market is Tesla’s to lose, and they will lose it if they continue to deliver poor customer service.
Luckily, EVs don't need much service, if any at all. And I would guess you're irritated at one dealership/service center, because I've had great service. With a car that needs little service, I don't think that's what pushes EV sales or lack thereof. I've owned four Teslas, and the service was acceptable on the one time I needed something done. They're not going to disappear because of a few mis-steps with a few customers, when their cars are the best on the market.