Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who can do a windshield Model X Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been looking for one but asked Peter from Jun's Tinting off hand as to whether it might even be possible and he said that it would be very difficult and he think that it might be possible to get the film up to the point where the inherent tint of the glass starts. Haven't really felt the need to get the windshield tinted to date but would be curious if you do find an installer that says that they can do it!

Drone Flyer, sorry but you have peaked my interest in your interest in tinting in Hawaii.

You seem particularly knowledgeable of Hawaii state statutes although your profile hints you live in Canada.
Are you a part time Hawaii resident that doubles as an attorney in Hawaii?

Drone Flyer, sorry but you have peaked my interest in your interest in tinting in Hawaii.

You seem particularly knowledgeable of Hawaii state statutes although your profile hints you live in Canada.
Are you a part time Hawaii resident that doubles as an attorney in Hawaii?
Regardless of State laws, common sense dictates you would not want to tint the front windshield.
I just returned yesterday from Kona and it was raining and cloudy the whole time I was there. LOL!

Regardless of State laws, common sense dictates you would not want to tint the front windshield.
I just returned yesterday from Kona and it was raining and cloudy the whole time I was there. LOL!
Well if that's the case, you've been here and you know better than the owner of the X. We will hunt him down and hold him down and make sure he understands you are not going to permit him to tint his windshield. We might even impose on him to bring his X by several owners houses each week to make sure he's not installed the tint behind your back. And since you are in get to dictate to this owner, do you have a preferred punishment you wish us to impose if we find out he's been driving by tint shops drooling on tint that he wishes he could install? There, happy?

By the way, since when do Tesla owners have to exercise common sense? Look at me? Think I do? Naw.
LOL :D

Last edited:
I think most people think when we talk about tinting the front windshield of a car, they think we are putting a dark tint on it.

The "Legal" tinting of the front windshield if done with a film that has virtually no "light" cutting factors usually about 95%

thus, why do it... to reduce the heat and the UV light that enters the car. yes, its completely legal HERE IN HAWAII, and most of the Continental United States. (I say most because I am not going to google it)....

and yes, there are those people that do put 35% tint on the front windshield, which here in HAWAII is illegal here. Just like driving with out a front license being displayed. LOL

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac