Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who can spot the glaring UI bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, so that's what my other half meant when he told me about that pop-up and that it was tough to tell if it was really charging. Thanks, now I know what he meant. Good grief, what stupid placement for the message!

(Fortunately, maybe because I've gone there later at night - or because I have software 8, not 9 - I never get that pop-up at the same exact same Supercharger. He joked that he wished he had the older software, so he could charge to 90% there.)

Last edited:
Amusingly, it only shows up that way when you're out of the car. If you're in the car, it shrinks everything down so that the bottom of the text is above the pop-up. So to get that photo, I had to keep myself off the seat of the car so that it would think nobody was inside when I shut the door. :)

Or maybe on purpose, to make sure that you see what it it trying to tell you. It's transparent, so you can still read through it. It also doesn't cover anything that you "have to" see.

You can barely read through it. If you're inside the car. But this screen is only shown like this if you're outside the car. When combined with the loss of contrast from viewing an LCD panel at a steep angle, you really can't read the numbers at all with this pop-up showing.

And when you're outside the car trying to check the charging status, that pop-up has basically no value whatsoever.