Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who enjoys their White Model S? Is Black better?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opted for the white, not the metallic or higher priced white, just the plain white, with the glass sun-moon roof. I agree with the other posts that it's easy to spot clean, has a "light-happy" spirit rather than a "dark-somber" spirit. The black is more elegant, the white is more sexy. The black is good for funerals and formal occasions, the White is good for weddings and more fun events. The red almost advertises "sexy" and was a little to obvious for (divorced, unattached) me. I also opted for the max on the battery but with the standard not high performance motor; so I can't go 0 to 60 in less than 5 seconds; but 5.4 is fast enough for me! Got the max sound system; it is, by far, the most outstanding sound system I've ever experienced in my 50+ years of driving; but I haven't heard the standard system so I have no comparison. I love that the volume can go to 11!.

I really like white cars in general. My NSX and Split Window are both white. Black cars I really don't like (even though I have owned a few) simply because they are impossible to keep clean unless you have a ton of free time. They also show minor imperfections like crazy. Really a silver or gray car show the lines of most cars best. Here is the issue I have with lighter colors on the S: The chrome strip on the rocker panels makes the lines of the car look off in side views and the rear door cut line also looks out of place where it meets at the rocker and rear quarter panel. For that reason I feel the medium ans darker colors work better for side views. As mentioned earlier the nose cone is more harmonious on the black and blue colors also.

IMG_2484.JPG

Need I say more . . .

I'm not a "white car" person but, I'll admit that the white MS looks stunning out on the road. I can easily distinguish a white MS even from a fair distance while it's harder to make out darker ones (and it's usually hard to tell black from blue from green except in bright sun).

White (and to some extent, silver) shows off the MS's lines very well.

Can't go wrong with either. I love both the white and black. I think almost all the colors Tesla has selected look awesome. IMO, the only two colors that do not look good, are the signature red (gasp! sorry, but I really don't like it), and silver. But for me, black *really* shines. Sure it doesn't hide dirt as much (edit: or at all, lol), but damn does it look good when it is clean.View attachment 19044
Nice car

- - - Updated - - -

My interior is Tan.....

View attachment 24225
Best interior color scheme ever in a Model S.
Beautiful.....:love:

This is the decision I am currently facing. I placed my order today and so I have 7 days to change it. I went with the solid white exterior, black headliner & grey next gen leather seats. I'm still debating black versus grey leather & white versus black exterior. The Other color options that I would likely consider are black exterior, black headliner & grey leather; black exterior, white exterior, black headliner & black leather. I spent a long time this afternoon walking back and forth between a solid white & solid black Model S at the store this afternoon looking at each car from different angles. I then went back to the store tonight near sunset to look again in different light conditions. I still can't decide.

I've owned both white & black cars in the past. While black is more prone to showing swirl marks, I found that white was more prone to showing rock chips. The white also shows road dirt, such as little bits of tar that get kicked up when potholes have been freshly patched and dead bugs.

Thoughts?

This is the decision I am currently facing. I placed my order today and so I have 7 days to change it. I went with the solid white exterior, black headliner & grey next gen leather seats. I'm still debating black versus grey leather & white versus black exterior. The Other color options that I would likely consider are black exterior, black headliner & grey leather; black exterior, white exterior, black headliner & black leather. I spent a long time this afternoon walking back and forth between a solid white & solid black Model S at the store this afternoon looking at each car from different angles. I then went back to the store tonight near sunset to look again in different light conditions. I still can't decide.

I've owned both white & black cars in the past. While black is more prone to showing swirl marks, I found that white was more prone to showing rock chips. The white also shows road dirt, such as little bits of tar that get kicked up when potholes have been freshly patched and dead bugs.

Thoughts?

I'm sort of in your boat. I ordered July 3rd.

What I've decided is...you can't go wrong. Initially wanted blue with grey leather interior, standard dash.

Order as of now:
White
Pano roof
Matte Obeche Wood dash
Black leather
Black headliner.

And about the interior? Normally we follow the white exterior dark interior and viceversa. But I don't like the black leather seats, and tired of the tan ones having in several cars.. How about white / white combination if the ultrawhite seats option of MX comes as option to S?

I didn't like the gray and definitely didn't like teslas tan version versus other vehicles I have had it in the past.

Black won by default but think they look classy as hell with the black exterior and black headliner so that's what we went with.