Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has a Reus Audio System - Which option did you go with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody else has more to say about the Reus system in a Tesla?
I am planning to have my model X done this WE. But I am just taking a chance, and hoping it is really good, as I am an audiophile myself.

You'll be very happy. Have had Reus systems in both cars. Started with a Level 2 system, then went to Level 2.5, and then finally just ended up with the Level 3 package that I probably should have started with in the first place.

I have no interest in loud for the sake of loud. I do however appreciate accuracy. Fidelity, if you will.

One of the benefits of a Reus system, aside from the expertise you get with Cliff, Kyle, and the rest of the crew, is that your first Reus system can be your last Reus system. Which is to say that they'll migrate the system from yer current chariot to yer next chariot for just the cost of labor.

So yeah, the first time around may set you back a few bills, but then subsequent cars could run half that, give or take.

The first car had the base audio. The second had the premium audio. Both sounded better after Reusification. I suspect the same would be the case for the Model 3 premium audio package available now and for the base package available whenever.

For context, my reference rig is electrostatic. It excels in accuracy and a bunch of other obscure details (e.g., timing, soundstage, imaging) that most people don't care about. However, it is also portable (oh, the heresy) that happily blocks a lot of ambient noise, and so it is just not suitable for driving.

The Reus effects include an expanded soundstage and notable separation (relative to the base and premium audio packages). I have heard plenty of great, but no better in-car audio, including some >$20K installations in cars whose owners have even less sense than we do. Also, the folks at Reus have had 5+ years of experience with Model S installs - there is no better option for installation expertise either.

Between the two (installation expertise and audio quality), you've found the best Tesla audio option on the continent and perhaps the world.

I think they may have changed some options since, but not sure, Cliff said something about it but it may just be the same items, just packaged differently.

Did you get the option with the dual subwoofers?

Sorry I didn’t answer your question — better late than never:). Yes, I did the dual subs. But when Tesla installed the premium seats in my car they disconnected the sub control on the seat and I can’t get it to work again. I need Cliff to do this.