TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who has gone into production since the line resumed?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by karmamule, Aug 7, 2014.

1. karmamule

karmamule Member

I haven't yet seen anyone here or over on the Tesla forums saying they've gone into production since they resumed line operations on the 4th. I would think we'd have seen someone change status by now. How about it, anyone out there who has gone to production on or after 4th of August?

2. riegetor

riegetor Member

My car is about to go into production any day now based on estimated delivery in October. I keep refreshing My Tesla, but still sourcing parts

3. karmamule

karmamule Member

Fingers crossed you see something soon riegetor!

4. d47m122

d47m122 Member

I'm in line for 9/18 delivery. Hoping it comes sooner.

5. lsnetman

lsnetman Member

Today my order changed from "Sepember" delivery to "pick up September 5th at noon" which I already knew was the date, but now showing on the mytesla site.
    it continues to say "still sourcing parts".

6. dan-l

dan-l Member

Does hearsay count? Yesterday my DS said that they had another customer's car go into production this week. My delivery is scheduled for Aug 30th so I'm hoping to report back very soon! :)

7. karmamule

karmamule Member

Based on that thread Higgy referred to it looks like our friends in Australia are finally gettin' some loving, so good for them!

8. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

It would make sense to run the line for RHD for HK and Australia now due to the time it takes to get cars there. Also, why not make a hundred or so RHD cars in a day and get them ready to ship. The point is to get delivery done by end of quarter so this is not a big bunch of inventory carried over to next quarter. Remember that some HK cars were supposed to be shipped and delivered during Q2 but even the first Signature cars didn't get to HK until late July. Even still, multiple HK people are being told October or November delivery times.

People in the US ordering in July are getting late September deliveries, right? So these good folks in Australia and HK waiting a couple years should be shown some love.

9. SkiWA

SkiWA Member

When did you confirm? I confirmed on 7/3 and mine still says Late September. VIN#52688

10. EBill

EBill Member

Our dashboards changed last weekend for my RHD Hong Kong destined car and at least two other HK RHD cars. This suggests they went into production after the startup. About 21 months after the reservation.

I hope we are not the lab mice for new processes that will require rework later.

11. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

On the bright side...You may get some extra new or improved features/hardware.

12. EBill

EBill Member

We were also thinking the same thing, we might get allegedly coming new and improved seats and other updates. Will let you know.

"Tesla is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Paraphrasing F. Gump.

13. SCDrJ

SCDrJ Member

My VIN was assigned after the reopen, and today my delivery window went from "Late September" to "September". Hopefully that means something is happening!

14. tantantheman

tantantheman not part of the mod squad

Hmmm... I confirmed 22 days earlier and my delivery is approx Sept. 25 :crying:

15. shelbri

shelbri Member

My deliver date is scheduled for Sept 13th but they are still sourcing parts. I figure any day it must move to production as I am on the east coast so they'll need to factor in cross country delivery.

16. eRandall38

eRandall38 Member

How would you know if you got those new or improved? Would it be announced somewhere or will we know just by looking?

17. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

TM is constantly changing small items ,some to reduce weight, as Elon referred to in Q2ER comments, and others to improve function/cut cost as with the rear parcel shelf (reduces motor/rear wheel noise and is part of car price/not an option now). TM does not announce each and every small change but I am confident that your car will be 'better' than mine (had since May 2013). My consolation: I have been driving this great car longer.

18. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'm literally sitting and watching cars come off the Fremont line right now. I think production is happening.

19. JPP

JPP Active Member

...private tour???