Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has gone into production since the line resumed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No helpful info from DS after a few calls. They must have a much tougher job these days with the recent delays (presumably due to factory difficulties). Is Tesla offering any "goodies" for these delays? At least I see that I'm not the only one with a delay.

Hahaha. Goodies for delays? You must be new here.

Talk to the first Roadster owners. Or the Signature Model S owners. I put a deposit down for my Model X Feb 16th, 2012. There have been a *few* delays since then. The only goodies I'll be getting is a Model X. Someday. After I finish paying for it.

Took two weeks " in production" but my Australian sig 46612 is now in transit from the factory as of 20th August. The Australian launch may be before end September, but no official info about that. The usual " radio silence" from Tesla. The Japan launch is 8th September with Elon handing over the keys.

My Dashboard changed today!! "In Production The Tesla Factory is building your Model S". Pick Up Time is still Sept 18, 2014 (which still represents a 20 day delay from my original delivery date). I wasn't expecting production so far removed from delivery. If it supposedly takes 2 days to build, testing for how many days? then shipping (perhaps a week to FL). What is happening all those extra days? Starting tomorrow there are 23 days to delivery. I hope everyone gets good news soon!

My Dashboard changed today!! "In Production The Tesla Factory is building your Model S". Pick Up Time is still Sept 18, 2014 (which still represents a 20 day delay from my original delivery date). I wasn't expecting production so far removed from delivery. If it supposedly takes 2 days to build, testing for how many days? then shipping (perhaps a week to FL). What is happening all those extra days? Starting tomorrow there are 23 days to delivery. I hope everyone gets good news soon!

I don't know anything about Tesla's shipping logistics, but I would bet your shipping time from Fremont to Florida is longer than a week. That'd be my guess. But I'm also starting to suspect that they're being very conservative with their revised delivery estimates to avoid disappointing people.