TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Who has had major cosmetic body work done? What was the cost?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by FishMann, Jul 13, 2018.

1. FishMann

FishMann Member

I am trying to determine if a full Xpel wrap is really worth it. I am starting to think its not. My nightmare is that some punk will key it bumper to bumper but I want to believe that a paint job or panel replacement, while expensive, would still be less than a full wrap.

2. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

In MY experience it is not worth it.

3. stklee

stklee Member

I had the full frontal Xpel treatment with no regrets. I was only doing the front bumper and half hood and fenders but my brother told me to spend the extra to avoid seeing the line on the hood plus the potential discoloration on the paint with and without Xpel. It was a jump from doing the front bumper only to the full front but I am so glad I did. I have no worries with rock chips, bugs and washing and cleaning is a breeze. However, I just can't justify spending $3-$4k for the whole body wrap though.